Chapter 32

I DIDN'T NOTICE HE WENT INSIDE MY OFFICE. He's wearing black long sleeves, his black coat on his right hand and his other hand is on his pocket. The necktie is loosened and the first two buttons are left unbuttoned. He was slightly leaning on the door. Ang duda ko'y kanina pa ito nakapasok but he was carefully observing me while my eyes were closed.

I wanted to run to him and hug him. I want to make amends and forgive whatever he did in the past but I stopped myself. I don't even know what's the reason why he came back.

My eyes landed on his torso, it was very defined in that outfit. He was already fit in the right places when we were in college but now that he's working in the special forces, pakiramdam ko'y mas lalong gumanda ang katawan niya. Everything about him is physically attractive – and hot.

Get a grip, Alliyah!

"Should I also turn around so you could take inventory of my back too?" he taunted then started moving inside my office, acting like he owns it.

I batted my eyes – I can't believe I like this conceited guy. "Iran didn't kill your arrogance?"

He smiled smugly. "Iran is my playground, sunshine."

Ang yabang!

I momentarily scanned for any visible injuries but I failed to find any. Maybe he is really too good to consider Iran as a playground but of course I won't feed his ego more by saying that out loud.

"Why are you here?" malamig na sabi ko. "I thought you said you're willing to go to the other side of the world just to avoid crossing paths with me?"

His brows rose up dahil na rin siguro sa malamig na pagtrato ko sa kanya.

Why is he even surprised?

He was gone for too long at bumalik lang saglit para umalis na naman.

Who'd be happy?

"I finished my assignment there and I had to go back in the country to take care of the family business," he explained nonchalantly, he didn't mind my attitude.

"I don't remember my company being your company? Nag iba na ba ang address ng kompanya niyo?" I mocked again, I don't care if I sounded too offensive – he deserved it for leaving me whenever he wants.

"I also finished working on my business transactions..." he said, he walked to my office lounge and chose to sit in the couch.

"And how is that exactly related to me?" I raised my brows while eyeing his movements.

"May biglaang kailangang ayusin si Seige kaya ako muna ang magbabantay sayo. Walang bakanteng field agents ngayon," aniya habang nililibot ang mata sa opisina ko.

"You're fired," I said quickly.

"You're not my boss," he answered, amused.

"I am your client — and I'm firing you," I snapped at him.

He chuckled. "Aren't you going to offer me a cup of coffee or tea?"

Tinapunan ko siya ng masamang tingin. Hindi man lang ito tinablan ng mga sinabi ko.

"What?" he shrugged. "I came a long way, Ayah. I drove straight from the airport to my office and went here immediately after I finished whatever's important," ngumiti siya sa akin at hindi natitinag na isinandig ang buong bigat sa sofa.