Chapter 27

HIS LIPS TWITCHED BECAUSE OF WHAT I'VE SAID. No regrets on my part because clearly, I meant whatever I've said just now and just because he saved me now doesn't mean the things that he did from the past will automatically be forgiven.

I will never forgive him for what he did.

He said I still don't know how to think about the consequences of my actions. What about the consequences of what he did in the past? Of course he knew, he always prided himself as someone who always think before he does something – which meant he knew exactly what will happen and he still decided to do it.

He knew it would break me to death but he still did it.

That is by far the most cruel thing you could ever do to someone you're claiming to love. Did he really?

"I'm just doing my job," he replied coldly, putting a break pedal into my thoughts.

I chuckled, sarcastically. "You failed miserably then. I heard you were the best in your team, I sneaked out and you didn't even know.

He shrugged his shoulders to dismiss my questions. "I'm not here to babysit. If we talked about staying inside our rooms for your safety or bringing me with you to tour around and you didn't follow – that's your problem."

"Whatever you say, Mr. Bodyguard." I said then wrapped the towels around my body harder as I stood up.

Nilinga ko ang paligid, it was near the port. I didn't know I ran that much. Siguro ay talaga natakot lang din ako sa mga lalaki...

Speaking of...

"There were three men who wanted to kidnap me and kill me," mahinang sabi ko at nanindig ang balahibo. "Hindi ko alam kung nasaan na sila but they were just here awhile ago."

He looked confused then he tried to get back into his stoic expression but I swear I saw a shadow of a smile on the edge of his lips.

"They were not going to kill you, Ms. Aragon. The hotel management sent people to look for you. You left the hotel with them and didn't come back, you are supposedly their responsibility," he explained.

I looked at him, bewildered. "Wow, it must be nice to not think about whether these people will kill me or not all the time," I said again with bitterness. "Back on the last name basis, I see? Not Ayah?" I challenged, maybe he thought I didn't catch what name he used earlier.

"Slip of the tongue – bad habits," he said then gave me the umbrella.

Calling me Ayah is bad habits?

He walked past me, his shirt slightly getting wet from the rain. Huminto ito sa harap ng tatlong lalaki.

The three men who I thought who were going to kill me were standing at a good distance, waiting for his orders or confirmations. They look like they're more afraid of Primo than getting fired. Nag usap ang mga ito pagkuwa'y naglabas si Primo ng pera para ibigay sa mga 'to. They said their thank yous. I slightly nodded at them as my form of apology dahil pinag isipan ko sila ng masama. They said their goodbyes to me too at a distance.

Nang matapos sila sa pag uusap ay bumalik si Primo sa direksyon ko.

I was tired and cold and my body is starting to collect the payment for my abuse earlier. Isang araw ba naman ako na nag tampisaw at lumangoy sa tubig. May running marathon pang naganap pagkatapos.

"Sa port tayo," aniya at nag-umpisang maglakad.

It was still raining but he continued walking like he didn't mind.

I followed silently.

"What if you get sick? Hindi kita aalagaan," I said in attempt to tame my conscience.