Chapter 111

NICKI POV

We got home around 9 the next morning. I went to check on the triplets right away and noticed Ali was missing. Inside her crib was a note that read: Ali was a bit restless, so I brought her in with me.. Don't worry! -Vanessa

The boys were asleep so I went to check on Vanessa. I knocked on the door softly.

"Come in." she called out.

I opened the door and found her sitting up in bed with Ali in her arms.

"Did she keep you up all night?" I asked, noticing how she looked unrested.

"No, she kept me company though. I couldn't really sleep anyways. Too paranoid you know?" she shook her head. "I hope you don't mind that I had her.. I left the note I didn't want anyone to worry."

"You're fine hun. But I do want you to get some rest." I touched her face.

"Every time I close my eyes, I feel like its gonna be a repeat of the other night. I can't sleep." she blinked away tears.

"You slept in my office." I pointed out.

"Because I knew you were there."

"So you're just unable to sleep alone?" I asked.

She nodded, "I guess."

"Did you try sleeping with Ali here?"

"I was scared she might roll off of the bed or i might smother her." she shook her head.

"What if I bring her crib in here? You can see if having her here calms your nerves a bit." I offered.

"is that a hassle?"

"For you? No." I shook my head.

"I'm already staying in your house, you don't have to remodel just because I can't sleep."

"Do you understand that you're one of the most important people in my life?" I grabbed her by her chin to force her to look at me, "With what you're going through, the last thing you need is to lose sleep.You need all the rest you can get so that you can feel better and hopefully start to remember something about that night. Taking care of you is not hassle for me."

"Really?" her eyes widened.

"Yes,"

Her phone buzzed, she checked it, "Lydia asked if I wanted food."

"Always say yes." I informed her.

"Do you think I should tell her?"

"That you haven't eaten yet? Yes."

"No," she giggled at my joke. "Tell her what happened."

I took a deep breath, "That decision is completely up to you. And its all about when you personally feel ready. Lydia is going to support you either way."

"I want her to know... I just, can't tell her." She wiped away an oncoming tear.

"Thats understandable." I rubbed her back.

"Can you tell her?" she asked.

"I think it'll mean more to her if you do." I assured her.

"You're right." she agreed reluctantly. "Can you be there at least? In case I choke up.."

"Of course." I kissed her forehead.

Lydia arrived shortly after with food for everyone, "I left Liyah and OJ at my house with Anita." She explained as I helped her carry her bags inside.