Chapter 83

AUBREY POV

I woke up in an empty bed. Nic's phone was laying on her dresser still connected to the charger, so I couldn't call her. I checked the time: 8:46.. Nic didn't have to leave out until 10:30, but knowing her, she's probably downstairs making breakfast. I got up, went downstairs, and entered the kitchen.

"Good Morning." Mom was cooking.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"You must've missed them, they're in the living room. Your father and Aaliyah are still asleep." she stated. I gave her a hug and a quick peck on the cheek before leaving. Lydia and her mom were in the living room feeding the triplets.

"Where's Nic?" I asked.

"Morning Soldier." Lydia snickered as she laid Allison in the playpen and stood between her mom and I.

"Lydia I'm n-"

"No games.. I know." she interrupted and turned me around. "Lets just go- check on Nic."

When we got up stairs she directed me into the bedroom and tossed me a towel.

"Wh-"

"Take a shower," she winked, "I'll take you to Nic after."

With that, she closed the door. It wasn't until I sat down to check my phone that I realized why she was acting so weird. By the time I had finished and taken a shower, there was a knock at the door. Lydia was on the other side with one of the boys in her arms.

"Is she awake?" I asked her.

She nodded, and motioned for me to follow her. She led me into OJ's room where Nicki was laying in his bed, playing in his hair as he slept. She smiled and offered us a wave as we entered, then she brought her finger to her lips and motioned towards OJ.

I saw Lydia mouthing something to her, Nicki cocked an eyebrow at her, and Lydia nodded. Nic exhaled and gently tried to detach herself from OJ.

"No!" OJ groaned and clung to her arm.

"Lydia?" a voice called from downstairs. Lydia went to see what was going on, I stayed behind to watch Nic and OJ.

"Somehow.. I think he is well-aware about what today may mean." Nic said to me.

"Really?"

LYDIA POV

I walked downstairs carefully with Oliver still in my arms. Mom and Aubrey's mom were at the door with it partially open.

"Whats up?" I gave them a weird look.

"Is Nic awake?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, why? Is something wrong?" I asked. Aubrey's mom opened the door, on the porch stood two women dressed in pant suits.

"Good morning." one of the women spoke up, the other echoed the greeting.

"Come on in." I beckoned, recognizing one of them to be our lawyer.

"I'm assuming you're Lydia." The other woman raised her eyebrows as she offered a handshake. I nodded, shaking her hand with a smile.

"Onika is upstairs with OJ." I explained.

"Onika is Omarion's biological mother right?" the woman asked.

I cringed at her calling him Omarion, but I maintained my smile, "Yes."

"My name is Anita, I am Omarion's law guardian for the duration of the trial and some time afterwards." She finally introduced herself.

"Anita's job is to get to know Omarion and find out what he wants, and to decide what is best for him." Janine, our lawyer enlightened.