As Long As We Have Each Other

Jonathan

I couldn't tell you the last time I had plans for Valentine's Day. I was never into serious relationships, the one girl I ever really wanted to be with was in one with another man for about two of those valentines days. now she's my forever valentine so I guess things work out well in the bed. I usually just send my mom some flowers for the holiday but that's about the extent of my Valentine's Day plans up until this year.

But this year is different. I'm not misrible and lonely, I have an amazing girl that I treat with nothing but love and respect every time I see her. So in a way today isn't any different than any other day. But today I wanted to do something special. Since we don't have to hide anymore I wanted to take her out for once, show her a good time and make some memories. This is the first and last Valentine's Day where it's just going to be her and I, I gotta make it count.

So I go out and get all the things I needed for today. I grabs all the flowers I can find and a big basket to put a bunch of the other little stuff I got in. I find a little monkey that had a red heart in it's hand and I smile. I remember one time we went to the zoo and she loved the monkeys so I figured that would be a cute little thing to get her. After purchasing everything I sit in my car and put it all together. Once that was done I drive back to the house and pull into the driveway. I grab the flowers and the basket and let myself in. I don't see Allison anywhere in the downstairs open area so I bring the stuff inside. I set it out the island and make it look extra cute for when she saw it. The flowers were sitting next to the basket and it was all ready.

"Allison" I call out into the house and I don't get a response right away.

"One moment" she yells back eventually.

Finally she waddles down the stairs and smiles when she sees me next to all of the goodies. She moves as quick as she could before making it over to me. She quickly pulls me into a kiss and I can't help but smile.

"Happy valentines babe" she says.

"Happy Valentine's Day. I got you a gift" I say pointing to it and she giggles.

"I can see that" she admits.

"Open it" I insist.

She takes the plastic wrap off the basket and starts to go through it. I got her some candy for when she has cravings and doesn't know what she wants, so I got it all. There was a coffee mug that said "pretty mamma" on it because I always called her that. I got her a bunch of bath things she likes to use to relax herself and some of her favorite candles she always has around here. There was also a bunch of cute scrunchies because she get so hot easily and always wanted to pull her hair back and some lotion that will help her skin stretch without hurting her. There was also a bunch of socks and sandals for when she can't pull on shoes and can't reach over to put them on. Just a bunch of things that can make her feel more comfortable as she becomes a mother.

"Oh Jonny, this is all so lovely. And I love the monkey" she admits as she hugs the stuffed animal.

"I figured you would" I smile.

"I think he should go in the babies room, it'll be their first stuffed animal. We'll keep it forever" she insists.

"That's pretty adorable" I admit.

"You should go up to the babies room and put it in there" she says slowly.

"Why me" I wonder.

"Because your Valentine's Day gift is in there and I can't bring it down to surprise you" she claims and I smirk.

"You got me something" I question.

"Of course I got you something. Well with the help of your mom" she admits.

"Well then I know it's going to be great" I admit.

We go upstairs and go into the second door on the right. I open it up and let out the loudest gasp. I see a picture of Allison and I center ice at the United Center, she was standing in front of me and we were both looking down at her baby bump. Her hands held her stomach and mine rested on top of hers as we held our children the best we could right now. The picture was blown up and put into a huge dark wood frame to match the rest of the house. The only thing in color was her and I as the scoreboard above us read "love and cherish" in cute cursive writing. It was a incredible edit of a beautiful picture, I loved it.

Under the picture frame was was the words "we will never have nothing as long as we have each other" in black cursive writing. The rest of the walls were blank besides this one making it stick out.

"When did you do this" I whisper.

"The other day when you were on the road. Your mom helped me find the frame and got the picture blown up. Once the babies are here we can put a new one of our family up there. But for now it's this one which is my favorite one. And the quote I did on my own. I never had a family that I felt like would love me endlessly. I felt like we had a lot of things and I never valued them because they seemed unimportant. But I know that if I have you and our kids, as long as we have each other, I could never feel that nothingness again" she explains.

"I don't even know what to say at this point. This is the sweetest thing ever" I admit.

"I thought it was" she admits.

"I love it so much, thank you baby" I smile. I go and put the stuffed monkey right under the picture because there was nowhere else to put it. I return to Allison before I wrap my arm around her. She rests her hand on my chest as we look at the pretty empty room. In just a few months this place will look totally different but one thing would remain the same. The fact that family is first and foremost in both of our lives.

"It's so peaceful out here, I don't know what we're gonna do when we have two babies keeping us up" I admit.

"We're gonna figure it out. It's gonna suck, but we're going to be okay" she insists.

"I sure hope so."