Secrets Out

Allison

Jonathan and I's relationship isn't exactly public knowledge. We're not hiding it from anyone but aren't out there flaunting it to everyone either. I was already in one very public relationship and I hated it. I don't think I would hate it as much with Jonathan because I don't have to fake like I'm happy and I'm not worried about slipping up and making him mad. It's just that Jonathan is a treasure to this city. I learned that back when we hung out, there's a lot of girls who like when he's single and the media sure does say something when they think he's not.

And since we've been back I've been out just a few times. I've been to all his home games and hang out with our friends in the crowd. But I can blend in there, everyone else looks like me. If no one sees me leave with him then no one really questions it, and he's really good at getting around the media. But I know for a fact that it will get out that I'm with him. I'm known as the girl who was with Mathew so it's news when I'm not with Mathew. He kept true to his word and made sure that everyone knew we were done. From what I heard he had another girl and I really hope that he's either changed or that she's smarter than I was to get out when it's easy and not on her wedding day.

But as far as Jonathan and I go, we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. We liked the privacy and it's given us some time to figure out what to do. But we can't keep this to ourselves forever and would rather the news come from us and it be the right information.

"Are you sure about this" I ask as we walk into the United Center. It was dark and there wasn't much happening in here yet.

"Yeah, we're going to have a lot of fun" he insists.

Our idea was to get some pregnancy pictures taken here in the untied center at center ice. We even got to have Missy be in some too. Then we would let the Blackhawks post the pictures saying congrats or whatever and the news will be out and it'll be done. The world will know that Jonny and I were together and are expecting not one but two kids together. I wasn't sure what people were going to say, no one really knows we were together and the ones who did know doesn't know we are having twins so I'm sure a lot of people will be shocked. But hopefully it all ends up fine in the end.

We get down to the ice where there was a person with a camera waiting for us. Jonny slides across to him to talk about what he was looking for because this was for him too. It was his idea after all. I try to get Missy on the ice and once I do she slips and slides. I giggle as she tries so hard to get over to me but she was like a flying fur ball, it was amazing.

Eventually I get ahold of her and take her to center ice. I give her a treat that I brought to keep her calm and Jon joins us.

"Alrighty, let's get some pictures" he cheers.

"Why are you so excited about this" I question.

"Believe it or not, but I've been dying to show you off. And not like a new purse or pair of shoes, but to show everyone the real you. The you that I love more than anything. I can finally tell the media that you're the reason I've been playing so well, that you're why I always come to play with a smile on my face. I get to brag about how I was lucky enough to fall in love with the same girl twice and have both times be the best times of my life.

Plus I'm getting cute pictures I can put up around the house out of this all" he claims and I smile.

"You're so perfect" I insist.

"I'm not even close. I just love you a lot" he claims.

"I love you too" I smile. He leans down to give me a kiss and I see a flash go off through my closed eyes. That's going to take some getting used to.

For about thirty minutes we take pictures somewhere on the ice. A lot of it was trying to get Missy to sit still and cleaning up the pee she left there. I'm sure the Hawks were going to love us for that one.

After a while we were all done and I was thankful. I barley fit in the Blackhawks jersey and I miss my leggings. We look at the pictures and I have to admit, they're really cute. Jonny chooses the ones to put out to the world and the deed was done. There's no hiding now, it was out for the world to see.

After the pictures were done we get home. Missy needed to use the bathroom properly and we had a bunch of movies lined up for this rare day off. So I change into some PJs for the night and make some popcorn. I join Jon on the couch and get comfortable just as my phone starts to go off.

And so it starts.

I see it was Dayna and decide to answer it. She was one of the few people still here from my first tenure with the Hawks and I know she's staying around so I would really like to stay friends with her, no matter how much I didn't want to get my phone off the table.

"I got it for you" Jonny insists but I pat his leg.

"It's okay, I'm gonna walk while I still can" I insist.

I grab my phone and answer it before it goes to the voicemail.

"TWINS" she screeches as my phone reaches my ear and I laugh.

"So you've seen" I notice.

"I can't believe you guys are having twins! That's amazing" she insists.

"It's pretty great. We're really excited" I admit.

"I'm so happy for you two. You're going to have so much fun" she insists.

"I'm honestly surprised you're not yelling at me" I admit. This was kinda big news and something you would imagine you would tell one of your better friends.

"Well I can't say much about that because I'm pregnant and didn't tell you either" she says as I gasp loudly.

"No way" I yell and she starts to laugh.

"Yup. I'm due in August" she explains and I smile.

"Oh that's so exciting. Now we're stuck figuring this out together" I tease.

"Good. I'm gonna need someone who understands me" she insists.

We talk for a little bit more before she lets me go. I join Jon on the couch again as he smiles at his phone.

"Are you getting blown up too" I wonder.

"Yeah, but it's mostly Patrick freaking out" he admits.

"At least there's some people that are excited" I insist.

"I haven't even seen one bad thing" he insists.

"How could you, unless they have your number or your email the people who hate me can't get to you" I remind him. He didn't have social media and he refused to see what the papers said.

"No one hates you" he claims and I scoff.

"When I was with Mathew I had girls come up to me and tell me I'm not good enough for him. They would tell me I'm not pretty enough or talented enough to be with him. That he deserves better and I should be lucky that someone like him would even think of me let alone want to marry me.

And you're a million times the man he was. You are the heart and  pride of this city and you are one of the biggest names in hockey, people aren't going to like that I'm with you. Especially since I left Mathew at the alter. They don't know what you know, they don't feel what you feel. I promise they won't like hearing that less than a year ago I was about to marry Mathew and now I'm pregnant with your kids. It's just not going to sit well with people" I assure him.

"Well fuck them" he says and my eyes get big. "I mean... you know what I mean. They're simple minded and stupid. They have no clue what they're talking about, they're talking just because they can. I don't care what those people think. I love you and I love the fact that we're going to be happy and be a family. I don't care if they think we're too young, we both know too much to be seen as immature. We've been through so much we know more than most people twice our age. I don't care if they think we're moving too fast, I've loved you for over five years now. What's happening isn't a mistake, it feels right" he claims.

"Well if you're saying it then it must be true" I smile.

"You know it" he smirks.