All the Help You Can Get

Allison

I'm not sure what's happening with me right now. Mentally I was in great shape, I haven't been this positive and assure of myself since I was a teenager. But physically I was feeling off. I don't know if it was such a change of lifestyles that's thrown me off, maybe my body isn't used to having real food or maybe it was the fake foods that just tasted good. Regardless of what the reason was, I was constantly nauseous and I'm pretty sure I should have started my period weeks ago, and this bloating is telling me that I am right. I never had normal periods and I had been on birth control up until a few months ago so it was never easy tracking my period. I'm sure it's messed up from not happening for years before then. But something was defiantly off here.

"Hey baby, I'm running to the store because we need a light for the bathroom, do you need me to pick up anything" Jonny wonders and I shake my head.

"No, I'm fine" I say but he doesn't buy it.

"Somethings wrong... I can tell" he insists.

"I just feel off, that's all" I explain.

"How about I stop off on the way home and pick up some pizza and wings" he says and I smile.

"I would love that. And can you get pickles at the store" I ask and he laughs.

"Of course, I'll get you the best pickles out there" he claims. He kisses me on the forehead before grabbing his jacket and putting it on. He gives me one last kiss before slipping out the door.

I decide to go in his office/workout room and get on the computer. He never uses it and I was surprised it even worked because it was so old. But it turns on and I head to the web to find somethings out. I enter my problems into the search bar and see what could be happening.

A lot of things came up but they were all the same diagnosis. They all said that it was signs of being pregnant and pretty far into my first trimester at that. I feel my heart beating quickly as I stare at the screen in complete disbelief.

"I'm pregnant" I whisper as I shake my head. I mean it made sense, not once did Jonathan use protection since we've been here and I haven't had my birth control since I left Mathews place. But I wasn't ready for a kid yet... I was finally getting myself figured out and now I have to figure out how to raise a kid?

I clear the browser history so Jonathan doesn't find out that way and I go in search for some answers. I suddenly remember that he had gotten me a phone that I could use when he was out in case I ever needed him. It was just a little flip phone but it had his number in it and his parents and a few of his friends that I could reach out to in case he couldn't get to me. So I go through the names until I find someone who could possibly help me and that I can trust.

I see Daynas name pop up and I stop. I figured she would know what to do, she's been with Brent since 2009 and they got married earlier this year and wanted to start a family so she might understand what I'm going through. God I hope she does.

I press the call button and listen to it ring. Right when I thought it was going to go to voicemail she picks up.

"Hello" she asks.

"Hey Dayna, it's Allison" I say and she gasps.

"Oh wow, hey Alli! It's great to hear from you" she insists.

"If it was up to me I would talk to you a lot more often" I admit.

"I know you would, but things are hard right now. I get it. So what did you need in the meantime" she wonders.

"I don't even know... really. I think I just found something out and if I'm right then I'm going to lose my mind, but I don't even know if it's true" I explains.

"Are you okay" she asks and I sigh.

"Yeah. I wasn't feeling well and had skipped a period so I tried to figure out what was happening. I typed in all the symptoms I was having and that all said I was pregnant..." I trail off.

"You're pregnant" she whispers.

"I don't know. I really do think so. I don't look pregnant but I did put on some weight and have a stomach, I thought it was me just being healthy for once but now I'm not so sure that's it. I haven't had my period in a while even though they've always been irregular and I just recently got off birth control, but it's never been this long between periods. And something going on in my stomach, if it's not a baby it's something else then" I insist.

"How about this, I'm going to call my doctor and set a checkup for you. It won't cost anything and if you're pregnant he can help you out" she suggests.

"Oh you don't have to do that" I insist.

"Sweetie, if you're about to have a kid you're going to need all the help you can get" she tells me and I laugh.

"Well that doesn't make me feel any better" I admit.

"You'll be fine. In fact you're going to be great. It's just better if you find out now rather than later on when you won't have enough time to prepare for a baby. I'll be over at 9am on Thursday to pick you up and we're gonna figure it out. Until then just try not to think about it too much and stress yourself out" she says and I laugh.

"Yeah, that's not going to happen" I admit.

"I didn't think so. But now you have time to think this over. I know it's scary to think about but having a kid is a wonderful thing. You're a strong girl, the strongest girl I know, you're going to be perfectly fine" she insists.

"God you're a lifesaver" I sigh.

"I know it's been a while but we used to be pretty good friends" she reminds me.

"Oh I remember, those were some of the best times of my lives. I know I can trust you with anything, even this" I say.

"I'm here for you. If you need anything else let me know" she explains.

"I will. Thanks so much Dayna" I sigh.

"Any time."

We hang up before I return the phone to where I found it and with not a second to spare Jonathan lets himself in the front door. He fixes the light in our room before grabbing me and siting me on the couch. He brings over a box of pizza and wings and some pickles. He sits on the couch behind me and starts to massage my shoulders as I grab for a piece of pizza.

"What are you doing" I finally ask.

"I know you weren't feeling good so I wanted to make you feel better" he claims and I smile.

"God you're a saint" I sigh.

"So what did you do while I was out" he wonders.

"I played with your dog" I say. It wasn't totally a lie, I always find a excuse to play with her.

"I'm starting to feel like you love that dog more than you love me" he teases.

"You're a close second" I joke and he squeezes my shoulder tight and I flinch. "I'm kidding" I beg and he goes back to massaging me normally.

"You're really tense" he notices. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I sure hope so" I sigh.