Spa Day

Jonathan

It's hard to believe that everything happens for a reason when your life always seems to have something crazy going in. But it's hard to deny that this lockout was a blessing in a disguise, for my team was playing with fire in their hearts upon return and I was well on my way to becoming a father of two. All of these amazing things would not be here without the lockout, something I thought was a burden, but now I know that it's the best thing that's happened to me.

And before it gets too out of hand I decide that I should treat my girl to a spa day. She can get a massage and get her hair and nails done, she can relax for a little and just enjoy life for a moment. She more than deserved it, you know, with carrying two babies around and all. The only catch to her settling down was that she wouldn't go and get pampered unless I came with. She claims I'm "tense" and "overly motivated" and needed to focus on myself for a little. So I got to join her on her spa day.

"This is nice" she mumbles as she gets her legs massaged, working out all the muscle cramps she got from being pregnant. She couldn't lay down on her stomach so they had her in a chair next to me that lays back and she could still get comfortable.

"I hate to admit that I did need to relax some" I sigh as the guy doing my massage digs deep into my shoulder muscles. It hurt but it hurt so good.

"I know you do, I felt like I was sleeping with a statue" she claims and I gasp.

"I was not that tense" I defend.

"You were like a cuddly rock" she insists and I laugh.

"Alright alright, maybe I was a little worked up" I admit.

"And now you get to let it all out" she say.

She reaches over from her chair and grabs my hand and I smile to myself. I look over at her as she had her eyes closed and her head laid back as she enjoyed her rare down time. I squeeze her hand and I watch a smile appear on her face and I just can't believe how in love I am.

After we get loosened up she goes to her a pedicure and manicure. I sit next to her in one of those nice seats and take advantage of the massaging chairs.

"Come on! Just get a clear coat" she begs as they start on her pedicure.

"Hell no! I already get picked on as is, I don't want to give the guys a reason to make fun of me" I insist.

"Do it for me" she pleads. She sticks out her bottom lip and gives me those damn puppy dog eyes and I can feel myself breaking.

"How is me getting my nails done doing you a service" I ask.

"First of all, I'm tired of getting scraped by your toe talons when we're cuddling. And two you wear gloves and skates for a living, no one is going to see it" she insists.

"If I do this will that make you happy" I question.

"Very" she claims.

"Fine" I mumble and she cheers. She pulls me into a kiss and suddenly this didn't seem so bad.

So they call over another woman to come and work on my feet while Allison gets her legs rubbed with those good smelling salts before she gets her nails done. Her feet weren't bad, in fact she had pretty nice feet. But she was pregnant and very much appreciated the extra work on them since she couldn't really reach them herself.

"When is your due date" the woman's asks as she cleans off Allison's legs.

"July 12th" Allison smiles.

"Really? I would have thought it would be sometime this winter" the woman insists.

"I guess that's what happens when you're having twins" Allison admits.

"Woah, shout out to you girl. You look incredible for carrying two kids. I had one kid and I always looked like crap and felt like I couldn't do anything" the lady laughs.

"I still feel pretty good, I want to try and stay on my feet for as long as I can. Then again this one takes good care of me so I can keep going" Allison admits as she points her head in my direction.

"I try" I admit.

"Don't you play for the Blackhawks" the woman questions.

"I do" I nod my head.

"I'm pretty sure my son has your jersey, he's a big fan" she says.

"That's a smart kid" I smirk.

"So how long have you two been together" she asks and Allison and I both kind of laugh. The girl who was doing my feet was so focused she didn't even realize we were talking. It wasn't comfortable what she was doing to me, but I have to admit that they already look better.

"That's complicated because we've known each other since 2009. We were really good friends until later in 2011 and then late last year we ended up together again. But this time it's for good" I explain.

"I swear you look familiar too" the woman claims as she starts to do Allison's toenails and I can tell she didn't want to talk about this but I wasn't really sure how to stop this conversation from being really terrible. So I decided some word vomit will just have to do.

"It's probably because she's so beautiful, like a model or something" I say and Allison lets out a sigh of relief.

"I can't argue with you there" the woman admits.

After she gets her toes and fingers done it was time for a hair cut. So she disappeared while I read a old magazine in the waiting room. I was going to get my hair cut but somewhere where it was only like ten dollars or something. I wasn't trying to look like Justin Bieber or something, just a cheap cut is all I need.

As for Allison, she insisted she just wanted her hair fixed from the time she cut it herself but didn't want it cut short short yet. Once the kids come she said she's getting a mom haircut, but she wasn't ready for that quite yet. One step at a time.

"Wow... you look beautiful" I admit as she walks over to me when once she got done. Her blonde hair bounces around as she walks.

"I wasn't expecting to change it this drastically, but I love it" she admits.

I grab a handful of her curly blonde hair and I smile, she got bangs done that made her look extra cute and her hair reached just below her shoulders with the curls, she looked amazing.

"I think you look stunning" I admit.

"I feel great and it's all thanks to you" she says as she cups my cheek.

"Any good boyfriend would do the same" I insist.

"No they wouldn't" she laughs and I laugh too.

"Alright, I am pretty great" I admit.

"The greatest" she smiles.