Meant To Be

Jonathan

I wasn't really sure what was happening at this point in my life. There's still no hockey and I don't know what to do with myself. Then there's the part where I ran away with Allison to the cabin to get away from life for a while... and now that we're here I don't want to go back. We were really happy out here. She was finally away from the demons that were chasing her and could start to heal, we were finally together too. And it was so simple, it was just her and I out here. No Captain Serious or Mr. Canada or anything like that. I was just me and that was good enough for her, and I was just really in love with what's come of us.

And my love was beautiful. It was soft when it was needed and passionate too. It felt so good, to love someone who makes you so happy. I could just look at her and I had to smile. I can't believe I was ever able to live without her. She means so much to me and she's all I can think about. I want to make her happy, I want to make her laugh then tell her how beautiful she is when she laughs.

As time passes us by the holidays come around. For Halloween we didn't really have anything planned. She didn't want to leave the cabin and I didn't really want to either. For the first time since I bought this little place in the middle of the woods I was finally getting good use out of it. So we decide to stay in and make Halloween treats and watch a scary movie.

I walk into the kitchen to see her standing there in one of my shirts and I smile big. She was pretty tiny, smaller than I ever remember her being. It made the fact that her personality was so big that much better.

"Good morning beautiful" I mumble as I wrap my arms around her waist. I nuzzle my face into the crook of her neck and smile when I feel her body heat meet my bare skin.

"Morning baby, how was your sleep" she wonders.

"It was great... until I woke up with a empty bed" I shun and she giggles.

"Do you want breakfast or not" she questions and I laugh.

"I want you for breakfast" I admit as I kiss her bare shoulder. My shirts were always so big on her.

"I'm not a pancake or bacon, so no" she tells me.

"Well I guess that'll do" I insist.

She fixes us both a plate of food before sitting down next to me. We both enjoy breakfast silently as we eat the great food she prepared. Our breakfasts have been like this for a while now, just awkward silence. Even though it was Halloween today it was still tense here inside the cabin. We weren't mad at each other by any means. We just didn't know what we were doing or what it means. Neither of us knew what to say or what was going on. We loved each other but it was more than that.

"So... are we ever going to talk about what's going on between us" I finally ask and she laughs.

"What's there to talk about" she asks.

"Everything. But let's start with what we're doing here" I insist.

"What do you want to happen" she wonders.

"I want to keep loving you until I take my last breath. I want to wake up every morning next to you so I can start my day off right. I want to watch you cook in one of my shirts and be so focused on what you're doing. I want to openly love you like you deserve" I explain.

"And what if you loving me gets you hurt" she questions.

"I don't care if it does. Nothing hurts more than not being able to love you. To love you and not be able to express it. The other day... that was the best I've ever felt. I felt like I just won the Stanley cup again.

But now things are awkward and we don't know where we stand and that scares me. I don't want anything coming between us wether that be us as friends or more than friends" I say.

"I don't want to love someone only to not be enough again" she claims and I shake my head.

"I would never-" I start.

"I know Jon, you would never hurt me. You aren't capable of doing the things Mathew did to me. But things change, and you love me now but what about years from now? Am I still going to be enough for you" she asks.

"Allison that's crazy talk. I have never stopped loving you since that first night we met. And no matter what happens I will always love you. You're more than anything I would ever ask for and I would be a fool to take you for granted. I let you go the first time because it was the right thing to do. But nothing can convince me that I belong with anyone who isn't you. I love you and that's not going to change. I will always love you" I promise.

"How you do you know that" she whispers.

"I don't know, and I get why that would scare you. And there's nothing I can say that would prove to you that I'm going to be everything you need me to be.

But I can tell you that I'm going to try. And I'm going to keep trying until you see that our love is what's going to get us through this. There isn't anything stronger than what I feel for you and what you feel for me.

I want to be with you forever Allie, and I'm going to love you the best way I can every single day" I insist.

"In that case... I think we can work this out" she smirks and I can feel my heart beating harder.

"Really" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah. I just don't want you to think I'm with you as a rebound or because I think you'll protect me from him. I want you to know that I want to be with you because you make me feel like no one else. I don't want to plan a future without you in it. Being here with you has been the best thing that's ever happened to me. We ended up here together for a reason and I can't keep denying it. I'm meant to be with you and there's no other way to put it" she explains.

"Come here" I demand as I open my arms. She walks in them and I wrap my arms around her.

"Do you think we were meant to be together" she wonders and I smile.

"I do, I really do."