A Message

Allison

I just love to sleep. Well, it used to be that I loved being awake because I was afraid to fall asleep, but now I just love to sleep. And it's usually pretty hard to get me up if I was in a deep sleep, just ask Jonathan.

"Hey baby, you need to get up" Jonny says as he shakes me.

"What's time is it" I mumble.

"Like 9 in the morning" he says.

"Give me a few more hours" I beg as I roll over.

"You need to see this text I just got" he insists.

"Can it wait" I ask.

"No" he claims and I let out a sigh. I finally open my eyes and sit up in bed. I lean against the wooden backboard as I run my fingers through my hair. I had nothing but one of Jon's shirts on and it smelled like him which helped me sleep better. But all I wanted right now was to stay asleep.

"What's going on" I wonder as I wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

"I got a... interesting... text from Patrick this morning" he starts.

"Awww. How's he's doing" I wonder and he laughs.

"He's fine. He's in Switzerland so he can only text me at these crazy hours. But I just got a message from him with a link of this article that featured Mathew that was released a few days ago. Patrick said "isn't this about the Allison we used to always hang out with" so initially I freaked out. I clicked on the link and it's this message and a video from Mathew talking about you" he explains.

"Wait... what" I whisper.

"Here, it's a video" he says handing me the phone.

I take his phone and see a video cued up on it. I press play and feel so sick when his face comes up. He looked sad and distressed and I know it was all a sham. I've seen this scene one too many times for it to work on me anymore.

"Hello everyone" he starts and I feel like I've been punched in my gut. His voice was like hearing the devil call your name. "As you all know, I was supposed to marry Allison a few months ago. She was the greatest girl I ever knew, I loved her deeply and softly and I was so excited to give my life to her. She was a wonderful girl, so beautiful and so bright. I loved her more than I ever thought I could love anyone.

But on the day we were supposed to wed she left me and I've been searching for her ever since. She's talked to her family once since then and no one has heard from her since a few days after the fact. I'm not mad at her, I just want to fix this so I can have the light of my life back. If anyone has seen her please let me know. Any type of information will help, pictures or sightings or anything.

And Allison, if you see this, please come home. We're all worried sick about you and I want you to be here with me. We can still get married and we can still have a wonderful life together just like we planned. Please come home" he says before the video ends.

I shut my eyes tight as I try to let this all sink in. He literally has everyone trying to find me and for what? Why does he still want me? Because he's afraid he won't be able to manipulate another girl like he did to me or because I'm already so far gone he doesn't need to do it again. He knew that if he did this I would either feel bad for him or run away from here so people would leave me alone. But I wasn't going to give him what he wanted, no more.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't watch that video before you saw it and I should have stopped you" Jonny says and I shake my head.

"It's not your fault. This is what he wanted. He wanted people to see him as a victim and people to tell him what he wants to know" I sigh.