Dancing In the Rain

Allison

We've been at the cabin for a little over two and a half weeks now and it's been really nice. Life changing, actually. All we've been doing is nothing. But the type of nothing that means everything. All I wanted was a life where I could enjoy every little thing that happened to me. And here, away from everything, I can do that. And I know I'll have to go back eventually, but it felt like I was finally living the life I was supposed to.

"Man, it's really coming down out there" Jonny admits as he looks out the glass sliding doors leading to the back patio. Missy was standing next to me pawing at the door wanting to play in the rain. I think we were on the same page.

"I want to go out there" I admit.

"What? Why would you want to do that" Jon asks.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain" I say as I unlock the door.

"Please don't go out there" he begs.

"What's wrong? Worried your pretty hair is gonna get messed up" I tease as I walk out there.

"No, I'm worried you're gonna get my stuff all wet. Please come back in" he begs as he stands in the doorway and I get outside. Missy runs out behind me trying to catch some rain drops in her mouth.

"If you want me you're gonna have to come out here and get me" I tell him as a smirk comes up on his face.

He suddenly darts from the house and I let out a squeal as I run away. I jump off the porch and feel my bare feet sink into the wet grass. It gets in between my toes instantly cooling my body. Jonathan chases me around for a little before I hide behind one of the trees in the back. He stands on the other side trying to get me but I easily avoid his reach.

"Come here" he demands and I laugh.

"No way" I insist.

He suddenly appears on one side of the tree so I scurry away on the other side. He chases after me before he finally grabs my hips and pulls me into him. He suddenly lifts me high off the ground and throws me over his shoulder as I laugh loudly. He holds me tight so I don't fall and I try to stabilize myself so he wouldn't drop me. Missy jumps around at Jonathan's feet wanting to get in on all the action.

"What are you doing" I ask him.

"You wanted to dance in the rain so since I'm already soaked... we're gonna dance" he claims as he carries me up the stairs and back to the porch. He sets me down but doesn't let me go as I stand there with my chest pressed against his. He gets the wet hair that was stuck to my face out of the way before staring into my eyes. Even though I was so wet I felt warm when he touched me. Like he was his own source of heat, of happiness.

Time slows down as he moves his hands to my waist. He starts to rock us back and fourth as I get lost in his big brown eyes.

"There's no music" I notice.

"We have the sound of our hearts beating to the same drum and the noise of the rain hitting the patio. It sounds like music to me" he claims.

"Why are you doing this" I ask.

"Because you wanted to" he claims.