Breaking News

Allison

"Do you remember when you went out and got me my promise ring and you were scared that you were somewhere I didn't know about and you were afraid I would be mad" I ask Jonathan as he sits in bed and just looks at me weird. I was never ready for the day before he was but I didn't have a choice right now.

"Yeah" he admits.

"Well I'm about to go somewhere and I can't really tell you where just yet, and I need you to trust me" I insist.

"Of course baby, but you know you can come talk to me about anything right" he asks and I sigh.

"I know, you're an amazing guy and I would trust you with my life. And I promise we will talk about this as soon as I get back no matter what happens. But right now I need to go out for a little to figure something out" I explain and he nods.

"I trust you baby" he promises and I let out a long sigh. "Are you going to be with someone I can get a hold of in case something happens" he wonders.

"I'll be with Dayna" I say.

"Alright then. Come give me a kiss before you go" he says as he calls me over and I walk over to his side of the bed.

"God you're incredible" I admit as he laughs at me. He pulls me into his embrace and gives me a kiss. He sends me on my way and I meet Dayna outside the cabin. I let myself in the car and sit in the passenger seat.

"Hey sweetie, how are you" she wonders as she rubs my back and I sigh.

"I'm scared" I admit.

"Hey, no matter what you're going to be okay. If this appointment goes good then you're going to have a baby, if it goes bad then you're still going to be fine. I promise" she says and I nod.

She drives us over to the hospital and we get all checked in. They draw some blood and ask some questions before feeling around my stomach. I sit there nervously as we wait for the results. I swing my legs back and fourth from the table as I stare at the ground.

"Have you and Jonny talked about having kids" she wonders.

"Not really. I mean we talked about having a family, just not about a time frame. I want to have kids I just don't know if now is the right time" I sigh.

"Maybe this is a blessing. With everything that's going on you're having a kid to put your time and effort into instead of worrying about everything else" she says and I smile.

"This would be a pretty good distraction" I agree.

Eventually the doctor comes back and he sits down in the rolly chair. He smiles up at me as he looks at my stomach.

"Congratulations Miss Robinson, you are in fact pregnant" he tells me and my eyes go big.

"I am" I ask. I was feeling a lot of different things in this moment, but nothing bigger than shock.

"You are. If you would like we can get a ultrasound to see how far along you are and see how the baby is doing" he says.

"Umm. Yeah. That would be great" I say softly.

He lays me down on the table and I pull up my shirt. He pulls out the ultrasound machine and turns it on. He slowly puts the gel on my stomach and spreads it around with the little wand thing. He looks around in there until he finds a heartbeat and I freeze. It was then that it sunk in that I was growing a little child in my belly right now. I knew something was on there because my stomach was starting to grow but never would I think it was a baby.

"It looks like you're about 9 weeks along or a little over two months. You can start to see its little nose and mouth" he points out and I smile big. My shock quickly turned into pure joy when I saw its little face.

"Wow. I have a little baby in me" I say and Dayna laughs.

"You do. Would you like some pictures" he wonders and I nod.

"Yes please" I smile.

He gets me some pictures before cleaning me up and sending me on my way. We get back into Daynas car and we just sit there letting it all sink in. The picture sits on the dash of her car as we stare at it.

"Woah" I gasp and she smiles at me.

"I know you're scared but I am so happy for you guys. You and Jonny are going to make wonderful parents" she insists.

"You think" I ask.

"I know you will. And no matter how scared he is Jonathan will be so excited. He loves babies and having one of his own would make him over the top happy. You have to tell him... today" she claims.

"What do I even say" I ask.

"You'll know when it comes time. He will help you through it, I promise" she says.

"Thanks Dayna, you're the best" I sigh.

"I'm happy to help" she smiles.

She drops me off back at the cabin and I walk up to the door. I stare at it before finally letting myself inside so I don't catch a cold. I find Jonny in the living room pacing back and fourth and once the door closes behind me he stops. He looks up and immediately relaxes when he sees me. He rushes over to me before wrapping his arms around me tight. I don't know what he was so tense about but I can feel it in the way he held me, so I hug him back while giving him a tight squeeze.

"Please tell me you're okay" he begs.

"Yeah, we're both okay" I say and he freezes. He keeps a hold of me but moved so that he can look at me.

"I'm sorry... did you you say you're both okay" he asks and I nod. I bite my lip as I wait for his reaction but he was as blank as printer paper. "Allison, are you pregnant" he asks and I couldn't stop the smile from coming on my face.

"No Jonny, we are" I say and immediately he smiles back at me. He looks me over before his eyes stop on my stomach. He goes down to his knees and lifts up my shirt a little to see the little tiny baby bump. You wouldn't notice it unless I said I was pregnant, but now it's all I see. He grabs my waist as he pulls me closer.

"There's a baby in here" he asks as he stares at my stomach and I laugh.

"Yeah. It's two moths along and healthy. It has a good heart beat and is developing nicely. Here's a picture" I say handing him the sonogram. He rips it out of my hands and studies it closely. He turns to me with that big cheesy smile and tears in his eyes as he wipes them away.

"This is the greatest day of my life" he sniffles and I laugh.

"Well I'm scared shitless" I admit. He stands up from the floor before he pulls my shirt down.

"How are you feeling pretty mamma" he asks as he runs his fingers through my hair and I giggle. I did like the sound of that.

"Besides the constipation and the nausea I feel great. I finally have a excuse to eat for two people and in seven months I get to fall in love with a different version of you all over again" I say.

"Did you not want a kid" he questions.

"I mean I wasn't asking for one. But now that we're having one I couldn't be more excited. I love the idea of raising a kid to be big and strong. We can show it how to make people feel good and teach it all the good hockey chirps. I can't wait to see them grow and show them off to everyone. I've always wanted a kid of my own, I just guess it's happening sooner rather than later" I shrug.

"You're going to be a great mother" he claims.

"I hope so. I can't wait to meet our little one" I admit.

"Me neither. I already love it" he says and I smile.

"Really" I ask and he smiles.

"With all my heart."