Chapter 12

Bold=Elvish

Previously . . .

"Guys we are not alone"  . . . 

 We quickly turned around and attacked him. Gimli threw his ax, Legolas his arrow and me and (Y/B/F/N) shoot at him but he dodged every single attack!!! We couldn't see him because of the strong light that was blocking both our vision and his face "You are tracking the footsteps of two young Hobbits"he said "Where are they?"Aragorn yelled "The passed this way the day before yesterday. They met someone they... did not expect. Does that comfort you?"he said, his voice slightly changing? "Who are you?"Aragorn asked "SHOW YOURSELF YOU BASTARD!!!"I yelled.

The light slowly faded away and we could see him . . . .

.

.

.

.

.

"G-Gandalf?".

Now . . . 

"GANDALF!!!!"I yelled as I run towards him, tears welling up in my eyes and a big smile is plastered on my face. I literally jumped on him and cried as we hugged. After a couple of minutes, just hugging, (Y/B/F/N) and the raptors joined too. We pulled away and I looked at him with a big smile and noticed that he was all dressed in white instead of his usual grey clothes, his staff also had a pure white color and had a different design. Everyone's eyes were wide and a shocked look plastered on their faces.

"I-I don't understand . . . w-what happened? What happened to your clothes?"I asked him "It cannot be"Aragorn said with wide eyes "Forgive me. I mistook you for Saruman"Legolas stated as he bowed down "I am Saruman. Or rather,Saruman as he should have been"Gandalf said "But you fell"(Y/B/F/N) exclaimed "Through fire and water"Gandalf said "From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth.... Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside"he continued. Everybody was listening to him carefully "Darkness took me and I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life age of the Earth. But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done"he finished.

"Gandalf..."Aragorn muttered "Gandalf? Yes... That was what they used to call me. Gandalf the Grey. That was my name"Gandalf said "Gandalf"Gimli exclaimed with a smile "I am Gandalf the White"he said with a smile. His face grew serious suddenly "And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"Gandalf stated.

Mini Time Skip

"One stage of your journey is over. Another begins. We must travel to Edoras with all speed"Gandalf explained "Edoras? That is no short distance!"Gimli said "We hear of trouble in Rohan. It goes ill with the King"Aragorn informed Gandalf "Yes, and it will not be easily cured"Gandalf stated "Then we have run all this way for nothing? Are we to leave those poor Hobbits here in this horrid, dark, dank tree infested-"Gimli got cut off by the trees talking "Uhh uh I-I mean charming, quite charming forest"Gimli said in a feared tone.

"It was more than mere chance that brought Mery and Pippin to Fangorn. A great power has been sleeping here for many long years. The coming of Mery and Pippin will be like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche in the mountains"Gandalf exclaimed as he looked at Gimli "In one thing you have not changed, dear friend"Aragorn said "Hm?"Gandalf leans closer to him "You still speak in riddles"Aragorn stated. Both of them started to laugh.

"A thing is about to happen that has not happen since the Elder Days. The Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong"Gandalf exclaimed "Strong? Oh that's good"Gimli said as he looked around, since the trees talked again "So stop your fretting, Master Dwarf"Gandalf said as he turned around and started walking "Mery and Pippin are quite safe. In fact, they are far safer than you are about to be"he continued "This new Gandalf's more grumpy than the old one"Gimli said.