There came a knock on the door. The nurse opened it and a boy walked in.

Ashton blinked up at him. The boy had blonde hair that was styled up, and stunning blue eyes. Ashton lost himself in those eyes.

The boy talked to the nurse and his parents, before he walked over and crouched down in front of Ashton.

Luke took Ashton's hands, snapping Ashton out of his imagination. He smiled. "Hi Ashton. I'm Luke. I'll be watching over you while you are here, is that okay?"

"Like a guardian angel." Ashton said. Luke gave him a funny smile. "Yeah, like a guardian angel."

Ashton looked out the window and started thinking.

Mr. Irwin threw his hands in the air and walked out of the room. Mrs. Irwin hurridly followed her husband. After a while, the nurse left as well, and Luke was alone with Ashton.

He sat on a chair and watched Ashton.

-

Luke's back ached from sitting for so long, but Ashton didn't look bothered at all. He checked his watch. Three hours had passed. Luke decided it was time to take action.

He stood up and walked over to Ashton's bed. Ashton kept looking out the window.

Luke shook Ashton's shoulder. "Hey, Ash? Can I call you that? Ashton?" He shook harder.

Ashton was unresponsive. Luke started to panic. "Ashton, hello?" He snapped his fingers in front of Ashton's face, but Ashton didn't even blink.

"Wake up man!" Luke slapped Ashton and the boy blinked, slowly turning his head to look at Luke.

Luke sighed in relief. "Sorry, I didn't know what else to do."

Ashton looked at him and Luke found himself staring into Ashton's eyes. Ashton stood up and Luke took a step back, never breaking eye contact.

Ashton suddenly surged forward, grabbing Luke's shoulders and kissing him roughly.

Luke's eyes widened and he froze. Then he blinked and relaxed. He brought his hands up and gripped Ashton's curly brown hair.

Ashton deepened the kiss and Luke moaned as the other boy's tongue roamed his mouth. Ashton put one hand around Luke's waist, pulling him closer, his other hand on the back of Luke's head to keep him in place.

Luke nearly fainted when Ashton trailed love bites and kisses down his pale neck. He gripped Ashton's shirt, trying to stay standing. His fingers roamed Ashton's chest and he felt the older boys muscles through the fabric.

All too soon, Ashton pulled away and Luke whined.

"Sorry." Ashton whispered, his eyes glassy. "You looked like you were having a bad day."

Luke was weak and shaky. "Thanks."

-

The next day, Luke's heart pounded as he knocked on Ashton's door.

"Come in." A soft voice called and Luke opened the door.

"About yesterday-" Luke began as soon as the door was shut. "That, can't happen again, okay?"

Ashton smiled and slid off the bed. He walked up to Luke and hugged the younger boy. "I just wanted to cheer you up."

"Well, thanks, you certainly did- wait! We can't talk about it either, I'll get fired!" Luke bit back a groan at the familiar feel of Ashton.

"'Kay." Ashton said. He stood up on his tip toes and kissed Luke. "Starting now, right?"

"Right." Luke said breathlessly.