Happily Never After

He just gave me a blank stare.

I could tell I just broke him.

Tears were forming in his eyes and he was fighting them back. "Kenna, how..." he trailed off.

"How could I do that?" I laughed. "It's not like I had anything holding me back." He looked at me like he didn't know me. "Really Heath, after all the shit you put me through? After you cheating? How do you expect me to wait around for you?"

He tensed up. I just pissed him off. "I know you don't mean that."

"And are you gonna tell Mariah about that too?"

"I haven't talked to her since we broke up!"

"Really? How am I supposed to believe that when she knew everything? Everything that I only told you?"

He snapped. "Fine. Believe what you want. I'm done trying. I don't have an explanation as to why she knows but God knows you'll find a way to trace it back to me." He started to walk out. "Sorry for trying." He slammed the door behind him.

I let out a long sigh. I shook my head and looked over to the table. I quickly finished my glass of wine and started to clean up. I let Luna out of the guest room. I was throwing away the pizza when she sat next to me and started begging for a piece. I smiled and gave her one. She ran outside wagging her tail.

After finishing cleaning everything, I sat on the couch and Luna ran back inside and laid next to me, putting her head in my lap. She had pizza sauce on her paws and face. I laughed and took a picture of her.

I was looking at it and I started to tear up. She licked my face, making me laugh and pet her. "It's okay girl. We don't need a man. We can take care of ourselves."