Scott can kiss my arse

You know how protective older brothers are supposed to make sure you don't get hurt? They're supposed to give them the shotgun shovel talk when y'all start dating. (I have a shotgun, a shovel, and access to a lot of land. Don't hurt my sister.) An older brother should be there to keep you happy and annoy you when they feel like being a pest. They're not supposed to keep guys out of your life completely, especially at my age. But Scott wouldn't know that...

I've been in my room for a couple of hours now. Zane is the only one who talked to me about what happened. Kristen and Liza decided to give me space. Elton tried to get me to come back to the party, but I can't be around this group of people knowing Heath left.

I sat up in bed and looked at my phone. I was going to text Heath to make sure he's okay, but I heard someone knock on my door. "Come in." I said, loud enough for them to hear. I put my phone down and smiled as Todd walked in with two Caronas with limes.

"Mind if I join you for a bit?" He shut my door and sat next to me on my bed.

"Go ahead." I smiled and took a beer from his hand, taking a drink of it.

We sat in comfortable silence for a while. "Are you okay?" Todd asked, breaking the silence.

I sighed. "I'm fine, just mad at Scott."

He chuckled. "Still not used to the protective older brother huh?"

"What he did to Heath wasn't being protective. He was being insane. We just kissed. He shouldn't have made him leave."

He shrugged and took a drink from his beer. "I guess, but have you tried to hear where Scott's coming from? He has to have a reason behind all this."

Y'all are probably wondering how me and Todd can just talk about this so easily. Todd is basically my brother. Him and Scott were friends in high school and we just grew up together.

"I don't really have the want or the need to talk to him right now."

He nodded. "Have you tried talking to him?" I gave him a weird look, thinking he meant Scott. "Heath I mean."

"I was going to text him, but then I decided to talk to you." He laughed at me and handed me my phone.

"Text him. He'll be happy to know you care."

I took the phone from his hand and started texting him.

(Any text is gonna have the names of what they are in each other's phone.)

Princess👑❤️: Hey, I'm sorry about Scott. are you okay?

Heath😜😍: I'm fine, I just feel bad for leaving you.

Princess👑❤️: don't. you can come back, if you want

Heath😜😍: what about scott? he'll stop me at the door.

Princess👑❤️: uhh...

Princess👑❤️: you don't necessarily need to come through the door...

Heath😜😍: why do I feel like you have a dumn idea? 😂❤️

Princess👑❤️: come on, its not THAT dumb

Princess👑❤️: it just involves you climbing in my window 😁

I looked up at Todd, who was reading the conversation over my shoulder. He just laughed. "I'll keep Scott out of your room." He got up and started to walk out.

I grabbed his wrist to stop him. I pulled him back towards me and hugged him. "Thank you." I whispered.

"Any time kid." He kissed my forehead and walked out.