Best Friend Lectures

I got home and kind of sat in my car for a second. I shook my head and smiled before getting out. I walked in and dropped my stuff by the door before plopping myself on the couch. Luna came running around the corner and jumped on the couch.

"Who let you in?" I asked her, half way expecting her to answer. I looked at the door and it was still closed. I turned back to her to see Zane standing at the door. "Holy shit Zane." I laughed. "How the hell did you get in here?!"

"Baby you gave me a key!" He said and laughed.

"Why would I do that?" Luna jumped down and ran away.

"I don't know. It's like you trust me or somethin." We both laughed and he sat next to me. "So where were you last night?" I bit my lip and looked at the ground. He looked at me confused, then started to focus on my shirt. "Is that Sam and Colby merch?" I slowly nodded my head and smiled a little. "And why are you wearing that shirt Micky?"

"Cause something might have happened last night."

"What kind of something are we talking about Kenna?" I bit my lip and looked down again. "You did not. Kenna!"

"What?!" I laughed.

"Who?" I looked down at my shirt and pointed to Colby's name. "McKenna!"

"What?" I started smiling a little more.

"You slept with COLBY?"

"Tell me one reason why I shouldn't be messing around with him."

"I don't know, maybe Heath?" He could tell tears were forming in my eyes when he said his name. "Sorry, that was- Just... be careful with Colby."

"I know, I always am."

"So, how was last night?" He laughed.

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"I gave you your lecture now I get to act like the best friend for once. How was it?" We both laughed.

"Well I don't exactly have anything to compare it to."

"Wait! You gave Colby your V card?!"

"Yea. Why do you sound so surprised?" I laughed.

"I thought you and Elton would have..."

"Oh no. We tried but literally every time someone would interrupt us. We tried here and Jason fucking showed up at the door!" We both started laughing.

"You two just have bad luck."

"Tell me about it. We pranked him yesterday and he was not very happy about it."

"You pranked him? How?"

"He was staying with them for a while and Colby had the bright idea to make him think we were dating. So Elton walked into his room where we were... Oh fuck."

Zane started laughing. "What was that?"

I covered my face with my hand. "Colby had cameras in his room and we didn't turn them off."

"No fucking way!" He lost it. He could not stop laughing.

"Shit." I got up and grabbed my phone out of my bag. I called him and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Colby! Go look at the footage from last night. I think you'll be surprised by some of the stuff on there." I said, trying to keep in my laughter.

"Which one? We had 6 cameras." He laughed a little.

"You should probably check the one on your desk..." I looked at Zane who was biting his lip to try to stop laughing.

"Okay." He sounded confused. I heard the phone move around. "Is there a certain time I should check?"

"Start from when we followed Elton out." I put the phone on speaker and sat next to Zane.

It was quiet for a second then the video started playing. I hear something moving around then people started talking. "Kenna, I'm so sorry about that. I didn't think he would do that." The video kept going, playing our conversation.

"I agree. I think shirts should be banned." Brennen said. Me and Zane quietly laughed.

Colby said something in the video and the door slammed. Someone said something but it was hard to make out what it was. There was a lot of shuffling around then a loud thud. "Shit. Sorry." Colby said on the video.

"Don't be. I'm a cluts."

Colby said something in the video then there was a more shuffling around. It suddenly stopped. "Oh fuck." Colby said. I started laughing.

"Yea..." I said.

He started laughing with me. "That's awkward. I'll just delete that part of the video." Zane couldn't help himself and started laughing. "Whoa. Kenna I hope that was not your laugh."

"No that was Zane. He was here when I got home."

"Hi Colby." He said, sounding like he was swooning over him.

"Hi Zane." Colby said with a small laugh.

"Okay Zane. Stop sounding like you're my best friend trying to get with him." I said and laughed.

"But I am your best friend." Zane said.

"I mean, I'm not opposed to anything." Colby said.

"See? Micky you need to share." They both started laughing.

I just shook my head at them. "What the hell just happened?" I asked.

"I stole your mans!"