Girl's Day

The day after the concert, after a lot of overthinking and somewhat panicking, I invited the girls over. I just needed a day with them without thinking about the guys for a while.

Liza and Kristen were the first ones to arrive. Then Kat, Devyn, Gabbie, Erin, and Carly showed up. Of course, Gabbie brought stuff to make margaritas.

After making a few drinks, we got to talking.

"So, Kenna, what's going on with you and Heath?" Devyn hummed.

"Yea. Your Instagram pictures with him last night looked very... interesting." Kat said.

I just smiled and looked down. "I uh, I couldn't tell you." I said.

"I know that smile." Liza laughed.

"I know you do."

"Does this mean that you and Heath are getting back together?" Gabbie asked.

Everyone leaned in. "I don't know." I shook my head.

"Well what happened since New Years?" Kristen asked.

"Nothing really."

"WHAT?!" They all yelled.

"It's been three weeks! How could nothing happen between you two in three weeks?!" Kat asked.

"We're friends! We're back to the way we were before we started dating and I think he's perfectly fine with it."

"But are you fine with that?" Carly asked.

"I highly doubt he's even fine with that." Erin said.

"I just- I don't know." I sighed and smiled.

"Just go for it Kenna! He's crazy about you!" Gabbie said.

"I just don't want to risk losing him again."

They all looked at each other with concerned looks. "Kenna, if you got back together, I think that would-" Kat started. She was interrupted by a knock at the door.

We all looked at each other, deciding who was going to answer. Kristen left the circle around the kitchen counter and went to open the door.

We heard faint talking at the door then footprints back into the kitchen. "We have another guest." She said with a smile.

She walked through the doorway and stepped to the side to reveal Heath behind her. "I was gonna take you to lunch, but I guess I should've called first." He said with a laugh.

I walked over and hugged him. "It's okay. You're always welcome here." I said and smiled.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting girl's day. I can go if-"

"No, no. You should stay!" Gabbie interrupted.

"I don't know if I could-"

"Come on! Have a drink and be fun for once!" Liza said, taking my glass from my hand and giving it to him.

"What do I get now?" I asked and laughed.

"Heath can share." Kristen said.

I just gave them all a big ass death glare.

Heath set the glass down and gave us all a weird look. "Y'all are actin weird. I don't want what you're drinking." He said, causing us to laugh. "But real quick, Kenna you left a few presents at my house from your birthday and I kept forgetting them. Can you help me bring them in?"

"Yea." I said and followed him out. Gabbie winked at me and I hit her arm on my way out.

We walked out to his car. He opened the passenger door. "You didn't really leave anything. I just wanted an excuse to give you these." He handed me the small bouquet of flowers in the seat.