Violence is never- okay, sometimes it is

When we pulled up, the last person we wanted to see was sitting on the front porch.

He got up and slowly walked to the front yard and waited for us to get out of the cars. Heath parked in front of the house and sat there, looking like he was going to explode. I looked out my window to see Scott walking towards him.

"What the hell did I tell you Todd?!" He yelled.

I jumped out of the truck and ran over to him and put my hand on his chest to stop him. "Scott, I know you hate him, but you need to calm down." I said. I looked over at Heath who got out of his truck and started running over to Todd. "Heath!" I looked between him and Scott. "Shit! There's three guys and only one of me!"

Heath grabbed Todd by the collar of his shirt and lifted him up. He pulled his arm back and Todd closed his eyes, waiting for Heath to punch him. He punched him square in the jaw and Todd dropped to the ground. "What the hell is wrong with you?! She's a f*cking innocent girl! You're a f*cking monster! She treats you like family and this is the f*cking thanks you give her?! You're lucky she didn't call the god damn police on your sorry ass!" Heath yelled.

"I'm sorry. I just came to apologize and get my stuff then leave." Todd said, holding his jaw. I walked over to Heath to try to keep him from killing him. "McKenna, I am so truly sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. I still care about you and Scott and I am an absolute idiot for betraying you two like that. I'm just hoping you can accept my apology and I will be out of your lives forever. And I also want to say-"

"You think you can just apologize and everything is okay afterwards? What you tried today was terrible! Not only did I feel complete fear over my entire body and see my life flash before my life, but you probably scarred me for the rest of my life and that's not just something a sorry fixes." I said. A few tears rolled down his cheek. "Get your stuff and leave."

He quickly got up and ran inside. He soon came out with a backpack and suitcase completely full. He put it in the trunk of his car and sped off.

I rested my head on Heath's chest as he drove off. He put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head. "Let's go inside Princess."  He whispered softly. We all walked in and I plopped down on the couch, burying my face in the one pillow they had in the whole living room. Heath sat next to me and started rubbing my back. "Can you give us a minute?" He asked. I heard footsteps of people walking out. "Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm great. A guy that I treated like my brother is gone after he failed in his attempt to rape me. I'm amazing right now." I said, anger and hurt clearly in my voice.

"Okay, dumb question. I just, I don't really know what to say here and I want to help you as much as I can. I'm sorry."

I sat up and hugged him. "You're not the one who needs to apologize." I kissed his cheek and hugged him tighter.

We sat there, in peaceful and relaxing silence, hugging. Until my brother, who is just great with his timing, ruined it. "Let's go lovebirds!" He yelled and started squirting us with a water gun.

"Scotty!" I yelled and ran away from him.

"It's time to swim!" Zane yelled and squirt me from the opposite direction.

"Can I at least put my suit on first!?" They both looked at each other and shrugged. I laughed. "Y'all are idiots." I walked into my room. I started looking through my drawer of what seemed like endless swim suits. I pulled out a black bikini that had a fish net pattern on the top, and the same pattern cut out on the bottoms. I looked at my hair, no way in hell am I brushing that out after swimming. I quickly brushed it out and braided it into two pigtail french braids.