Free Cake

I woke up the next morning on the couch alone. I slowly sat up and looked around. Suddenly, I smelt something from the kitchen. I got up, walking into the kitchen to see Heath finishing breakfast.

"Morning." I sat at the end of the kitchen counter.

"Morning baby." He said with a smile. "Breakfast is almost ready."

He finished up breakfast, making two plates, pouring me a glass of orange juice, and himself a cup of coffee. I stayed at the end of the counter and he stood across from me, leaning against the fridge. We both quickly ate and got to talking.

"Did you have fun last night?" Heath asked.

I smiled at the thought of everything. "Yea. I did. I had a great night." I said.

"Good. I'm glad you did." He smiled and put our plates in the sink.

"Did you?"

He looked up at me and smiled. "Yea, I did. It got me to thinking about some stuff." He stood in front of me and put his hands on my legs.

"What kind of stuff?" I started to get nervous.

"Oh just a simple question." His smile started to grow and he started playing with my hair.

"And what might that question be?"

"I was wondering if maybe, I don't know. You'd like to be my girlfriend again?"

A huge smile grew across my face. "Me?"

"Yes you." He chuckled and leaned in to kiss me.

All of the sudden, the front door swung open. Zane walked in. "HEATH. I GOT A- oh. Am I interrupting something here?" He yelled.

"Oh nothing much. Me and my boyfriend were just having a moment." I said. Heath quickly looked at me and his face lit up.

"Wait, MY BABIES ARE BACK TOGETHER AGAIN? LIKE, OFFICIALLY?" I laughed and nodded.

Heath ran over to him and jumped into his arms. "She said yes! SHE SAID YES." He started yelling. They both started jumping up and down.

"Baby calm down! Its not like he proposed." I paused for a second. "Okay well technically he did."

Zane stopped and looked at Heath. "Y'all are just takin some BIG steps around here aren't you?"

"It was for cake!" Heath said in defense.

"Chocolate cake, may I add." I said.

"WHAT." He quickly grabbed a bagel off the kitchen counter and got down on one knee. "Kenna Sire will you marry me?"

I started to laugh. "Sure Zane."

He got up and put the bagel on my finger. He quickly whipped back around to Heath. "I want my free cake bitch."

Lol QOTD: do any of you know what I actually look like?? Other than my four irl friends that read this story 🤔🤔

-M