Justin raised an eyebrow, perplexed at my statement.

He still had so much to learn about the real world.

"You'll understand when we find one," I explained.

We continued walking, but this time, with purpose.
-
*Justin's POV*

"It's a good thing that I'm not fully a vampire right now," I thought while seeing the vast amount of people in front of me.

Erin and I had walked for another thirty minutes, and made it to the city.

This was my first time outside of the woods, and my first time being around this many people.

It was my first time even being in the city, and because I was temporarily part human, I'd be able to enjoy myself here.

I blended in perfectly.

We walked together without speaking, the sounds of the city surrounding us.

The director's words echoed in my mind as we travelled.

How were we peacefully walking amongst everyone if my identity had been revealed?

Either the director had lied, or the news hadn't hit this area yet.

A couple walked by us, the male's arm around his girlfriend's waist.

I put my arm around Erin in an attempt to emulate what I'd seen.

She accepted the gesture, resting her head on my shoulder, and I smiled to myself, feeling my heart thump joyously in my chest.

"Hey, there's a taxi," she said, pointing at an approaching vehicle, and waving her arm at it.

It looked just like every other car driving around, but it was bright yellow, and had a sign on top of it that I assumed spelt "taxi."

The taxi stopped before us, and Erin took my hand, leading me into it.

A stocky man with no hair and a thick mustache was perched in the driver's seat.

"Where to?" He grumped.

"Caston," Erin answered.

We hadn't come from Caston.

She glimpsed the confusion in my expression and explained herself.

"It's closest to where we came from. I only have twenty dollars, I can't afford to go all the way home."

I nodded in understanding, holding her in my arms, and gently kissing her as the driver took off down the road.

Our wild adventure was finally coming to an end.
-
Erin and I fell asleep during the ride, and I awoke when it was dark out.

Moonlight shone through the car windows, and before I could take a good look at my surroundings, I recognized the familiar scent of blood.

The scent was overpowering, it was in the air, and all around me.

After not sensing it for so long, it should've seemed foreign and intoxicating, but it didn't.

It was inviting, and I craved it more intensely than I'd ever craved anything before.

I leaned closer to Erin, inhaling the smell of her blood.

It was the sweetest I'd ever smelled in any living creature, and it had called to me since the day we met.

Not only did it smell delightful, but the way it coursed through her veins, and pumped from her heart, made the urge to sink my teeth into her neck almost irresistible.

I pulled myself away from Erin, restraining my natural blood lust.

I could feel myself losing control to my instincts.

This wasn't going to work.

I needed blood.

And I needed it now.

My gaze locked on the driver, focused on the highway ahead of us.

I didn't even try to hold myself back as I crept up on him from the back seats.

Our eyes met in the rearview mirror, but he didn't even have time to scream as I bared my fangs and pounced on him, mercilessly biting his neck.

The car swerved, narrowly missing a few others, and went off the highway.

Once the car was off the road, the driver struggled against me, but was no match for my superior inhuman strength.

Eventually he stopped moving, and I knew he was dead.

I wanted to feel bad about it, the way I did when I killed a woodland animal, and normally I would have, but as I made his blood my feast, remorse was the last thing on my mind.

I've never tasted a human's blood before now, but I regret not having done it.

It was richer, stronger, and more tasteful than any animal's.

Or maybe it was just me.

I had been deprived of blood for so long that I probably could've sucked the life from a squirrel and it would've tasted wonderful.

Whatever the case, I knew that I didn't want to go back to animal blood after this.

And I wouldn't.

Maybe this is why people are afraid of vampires.

That's the end of Part 29!
Comment what you think :)
I'm sorry that I took so long to update, I'll try to update sooner next time!💜