Conversion

*Erin's POV*

What did they do to him?

The question echoed through my mind as I watched the scientists stand around Justin, Director X in their midst.

I refocused my attention solely on Justin, wanting to understand why he lost consciousness right in front of me.

And then I became angry.

How was it fair that I had been brought here to see him, but information was still being withheld from me?

How was it fair that he was behind bars for being different?

It wasn't fair.

I charged into the chamber, trying to get to Justin's cage.

"Let me see him!" I shouted, fighting against the scientists trying to pull me away.

Director X motioned to them, and they released me.

I rushed over to the cage, and reached through the bars to cradle Justin.

He opened his eyes, and to my surprise and horror, they were a ghostly white.

Hatred filled his expression, and he snarled at me.

I immediately released him and backed away.

Then once again, I put an arm through the bars, but this time, tried to stroke his cheek.

Justin clawed at me, forcing me to retract my arm again.

I was mortified to see that his nails had elongated into sharp, dagger like claws.

"What did you do to him?" I mumbled to Director X, my attention still geared towards Justin.

He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Nothing he didn't agree to," he replied nonchalantly.

"I administered a small injection - but I see that it has a bit of adverse reactions."

"What did you do!?" I asked again, now screaming.

I punched the director square in the jaw, rage coursing through me.

The scientists grabbed my arms again.

I fought them, trying to get back to the director.

"He made a deal with me Erin," he spoke, approaching me at a tauntingly slow speed.

"He allowed me to test an unknown drug on him, in exchange for your freedom," he briefly glanced at Justin.

"But he was fully aware of the dangers this drug might possess. He made a conscious decision to take my offer."

I, too, glanced back at Justin, who was now ferociously pulling at the bars of his cage.

"What do I have to do for you to change him back?" I inquired.

"Oh, there's nothing you can do. This is who Justin is now," Director X explained.

"I'm afraid you'll have to live with him as a savage beast."

"Wait, you can't be saying..." I trailed of, pausing before finishing my thoughts.

"You're not going to let him out of here in that condition, are you?"

"I'll do whatever it takes to gain back the recognition I lost," he answered.

"And as for that deal I made with Justin, well, I would keep my end of the bargain, but we wouldn't want you to go spilling all of the details to everyone, now would we?"