Chapter 2- The Exam

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" He murmured quietly, not wanting to draw any attention to the conversation.

"Aizawa, do you remember the girl who came into my office a week ago asking about the test?" The man nodded, knowing the principal could see his response, "She told me that she wanted to be the best without anyone knowing about the things she couldn't do. Have you spotted the impact she's made?"

Aizawa nodded again, "Yeah, the puddle that robot melted into looked exactly like about twenty other random puddles that I've seen. If you're suggesting that the girl is behind it, then I would say she has incredible control over her quirk."

The principal nodded, and his mousy features twisted up into something that looked like a satisfied smirk, "Indeed, at least, she has control when she's using it. Something tells me that there's far more than what meets the eye here. Oh look, they're sending out the zero pointers!"

Naoko

'That boy has serious anger issues...' Naoko thought to herself as she walked away from the robot she liquified. After she stole his kill, he immediately let off an explosion and started yelling; she didn't have to read his lips to know that it was probably threats to whoever took his points. 'Sorry dude, but I don't give a crap about your wounded ego.'

She took out two or three more robots before she was stopped in her tracks, a fierce vibration was traveling through the ground, almost knocking her off her feet. She ran through some alleyways, heading towards the vibration when she saw the first person running.

Normally, that wouldn't be very surprising, seeing as how this was a timed test, but the look of fear on the kid's face told a completely different story. About a second after she got into the main roads, she saw exactly what that look of fear was about; standing taller than most of the buildings around her, robots were coming down the street slowly, the gigantic light on their heads swiveling around, looking for targets.

Naoko stared at them in disbelief, 'where in heaven's name does UA get funding for stuff like this?' She marveled and then shook her head, now was not the time for getting lost in thought... That would come later.

As intimidating as these new enemies were, she couldn't help but be slightly disappointed by them, they were slow and highly restricted machines, not useful for much more than creating tons of damage and looking pretty. She was pretty sure that these were the zero pointers that had been mentioned on the announcer guy's power point, so, obviously, these were meant more to be a hindrance than an actual threat.

She was about to turn around and go find more robots for her to take on when something stopped her; a boy was standing in the middle of the road, trapped between two three-pointers and one of the incoming zero pointers. He looked pretty beat up, and as she watched, he discharged what looked to be an electrical pulse.

That would have been good and all, but his discharge not only disabled the three-pointers, but also the zero pointer that was bending down to grab at him. Because he caught the giant robot off balance, it slowly began to tip forward and fall.

Time slowed down for Naoko as she stared in horror at what was happening; the boy had more than enough time to run, but for some reason, he was walking around with two thumbs up. At that moment, Naoko was three years younger, watching her family shop get blown away

"Naoko, sweetie, could you grab me another bolt of the forest green cotton from the back?"

"Yes, Mom!"

"Come on kid... Move." She mumbled as her feet began to move forward without her permission.

"I've heard several people say that All Might was in the area fighting! Isn't that amazing Hodori?"

"Careful, Reo, your inner fanboy is showing! Keep this up and you might scare off the customers!"

"Oh hush, Hodori; let a man have his moment, would ya!"

The robot was falling faster, yet only she seemed to notice the boy walking around in the impact zone. By now, Naoko was running as fast as she could, but it didn't feel like enough. Would she make it in time?

"Did you hear that, Hodori? The explosion sounded pretty close to here, this doesn't sound good."

"Yeah, that's odd, All Might usually doesn't make this big of a mess... I wonder if there's a different hero out there now."

"Naoko, could you grab the boards from the back? We should close up now, just in case."

She was almost there, just a few more steps! She had to make it to him!

"Naoko, forget the boards! We have to leave now!"

"What's going on Reo?"

"A building across the street just collapsed! We need to get out of here before our building collapses as well!"

"NO!!!"

.

.

.

"MOM! DAD!"

Judges Room

Silence filled the room as everyone watched the screen in horror; the screen that captured their attention showed nothing but dust, and they all waited for it to clear. It was obvious that there was a boy in the path of the robot when it fell, and just before it landed, a girl ran from an alleyway and joined the boy. Both were now likely dead.

"How... How could this happen?" A lady whispered, fear evident in her voice.

"Unless one of them has a quirk that hardens their body, they couldn't have survived that... But I don't think they do." Another said before standing up and walking out of the room.

Even the teachers had been affected, well, all of them but two. "Wait just a moment, everyone," The principal said evenly, "I don't believe this is done yet." The people in the room seemed to grab on the principal's words like a lifeline, and everyone watched the screens intently, praying that the children would be okay.

As if in answer to their prayers, smoke started billowing from the robot and the cameras were obscured again. Still, no one said a word, as if that would help the situation turn out fine. Almost a minute passed before the camera was able to see through the situation, and when it did, gasps were heard around the room.

The robot was completely gone, and in its place was a crater that took up most of the street's width, and about the same in length. In the middle of the surprisingly deep crater was the blue-haired girl, curled around the blond boy she had saved though neither of them seemed to be conscious.

A cheer rose from a random person in the room, and that seemed to act like a release for everyone else, because suddenly everyone was sighing happily or marveling over what had just happened. Well, everyone except for the principle and the sleep-deprived teacher next to him.

"Controlling an object's state of matter, right?" Aizawa asked the principle, who hummed in response.

"That would be correct," The mouse took a sip of tea, as though nothing especially exciting had happened, "It seems that Miss Fujimura possesses quite a lot of potential, does it not?"

Aizawa nodded and stared at the two teenagers, who were still unconscious, "You know Nezu," He said quietly, "I think this will be an interesting year."