Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Oh-ho-ho, you're so going to get it. Right in the as-"

You cut him off before he could finish his statement and made it appear as though you didn't even know he had been speaking, much less the nature of what he'd been saying. "Jamie, I'm cold," you whimpered for effect, adding in a bit of that distressedness that you had seen some women do when they wanted attention and topping it off with a horrible nickname meant to be sweet but you knew was cringy asf.

A sigh answered your ignorance, but one dark hand extended to jump-start the coding in the netherrack and spontaneously bring up a healthy looking fire out of nowhere, which drew your attention for a while to where you almost didn't hear the other male breathing in your ear and down your neck. At least, until his lips were on the flesh beneath your ear and working their way lighting down that highway along your chin bones to the softer skin of your neck. Eventually, the feeling made you shiver and wrap your arms around yourself, and that was when the mouth moved away and smirked at you, to which you turned up your chin and looked away.

"Bad decision, (Y/N)," the hacker purred as he caught his arms around your torso and dragged you back so your spine was against his chest and you could again feel moist air pushing against your neck. "Or was this your goal?"

You froze up for a mere moment, waiting for the horrid, panicked, painful memories to kick in and remind you that you couldn't relax and couldn't let this happen, and James noticed your tension easily. While nothing was filling your head, hands rub your arms up and down, and soft nothings fill your ears to calm you down and take your mind off the ghost of pain you were waiting for. Among those whispers of comfort, you managed to grasp that the triggers on the fakes were disabled so you wouldn't remember them if you refused to. Somehow, this concept made sense to you, and you just shut down your head, concentrating on the strokes on your skin and the heat from behind you, concentrating on the feeling for distraction.

Teasing tone having long disappeared, the older man smiled and kissed your head through your hair. "That's my little warrior."

Your face lit up a unique shade of pink because it was the first time you'd heard him call you that, but closed your eyes at the same time because you were also somewhat proud of it. Your breathing slowed back down to an average pace, and there was no issue again because there was no more lingering threat of bad memories rising to the surface.

Once he felt that you had adequately recovered from this incident and were calm enough for him to resume what he remembered had happened before, James called your (E/C) eyes to attention and waited for you to turn towards him. "Well, I guess that surprise spot would be a nice something to go see now, huh?"

You answered with a nod and a quiet, confirming "yeah" as verbal agreement in case that wasn't enough but didn't move at all. You partially expected the hacker to just teleport you there because of fuck physics, but when nothing happened, and you ended up just pulling at the elastic on his pants (*how did those get in your hands?*) just because you needed something to hold. James hadn't actually moved that whole time; you realized because when he did move again, it was to stop you from pulling his waistband too tightly. His hands held yours firmly in place as he seemed to zone back out and continue with whatever he was doing, which swiftly became like watching paint dry and made you dramatically collapse onto the rest of the couch with an 'oof' that would make the meme lords proud. Still no reaction. You put your hands over your face and made the loudest fake sneeze sound you could manage, then breathed out a congested apology. Still nothing. You sat up with a determined expression and clapped your hands together in front of the male's ear, and there was still no movement.

You quickly grew exhausted by the impossibility of this challenge and got up, standing in front of the fireplace while you contemplated getting an apple from the food chest again. With your back to him, there was no way you could've seen James stand up behind you and lasso a black cloth over your eyes. Of course, this freaked you out, but you froze in panic instead of fighting it flighting, probably because you hadn't expected anything like that and the darkness just seemed to be eye-related.

Tentatively, you raised a hand upwards to touch the cloth and maybe slap the hacker's hand if you got lucky. It was definitely a blindfold. Where he had materialized it from, you'd never know.

"Oh, come on (Y/N)! You've got such a cute squeak when you're scared," he teased with somewhat of a baby voice, designed to get you out of that fearful state and more annoyed like usual. "Anyhow," he began explaining while you ground your teeth in frustration, "I wanted to make this visit a surprise. Therefore, you're not allowed to take off the blindfold until I say you can."

"Since when were you, my boss?" You retorted with a feistiness that only shows when the monster in your attitude has been awoken. James actually had the nerve to laugh at you when you were serious for once, which made you turn around and swing a punch randomly at the air in hopes of hitting him.

Before you struck anything, his own hand caught yours by the wrist. "Now now, (Y/N), don't make me restrain you more."

While you knew he probably wasn't very serious about that idea, you didn't want to entertain the thought that sort of thing happening when the man was just trying to create a pleasant surprise for you. So you just crossed your arms to keep up that facade of 'I'm angry, but I'll listen' for the sake of being genuine. You heard a chuckle and felt the world shift around you uncannily well as you were picked up and carried somewhere where the sun shone brilliantly and stuck on your clothing instantly to warm you like a friendly, radioactive blanket that causes sunburns and cancer.

"Can't you just teleport us there?" You ask after a while of waiting in his arms in the dark without the sunlight you felt available to your brain visually.

You shifted about as he readjusted to your weight instead of responding to your question.

"We're already here," he eventually said, giving you the signal - at least as far as you were concerned - to tear that fuckin' cloth off your face and toss it into a literal pit.

A **literal** ***pit.**

"OH MY GOD," you screamed at the sight of the bottomless, black emptiness in front of you, but then uttered the same phrase when you noticed the thousands of gallons of free-falling water cascading down the middle, so far from you that it wasn't as deafening as it obviously was but that only made it look larger.

James chuckled at your reaction and stood you up on the edge of the ground beside himself, though you instantly grabbed onto his hand so you wouldn't fall into the threatening abyss. Your breath caught at the danger, and you found it suddenly hard to pump enough oxygen into your body with simple inhales and exhales. Luckily, your panic was noticed, and the hand that held yours yanked you back a little ways to stand behind the hacker, so he was between you and the endlessly loud pit of doom that lay before you. It was only then when you were safely trapped behind a body that you were able to appreciate the grandness of the falling body of water you'd been taken to.

Tons of shimmering fluid that reflected the intense beams of light given off by the glorious shining sun fell over the top of this green-gray mass of rock that stood unbelievably high behind it and dumped into a tunnel that seemed to be carved out of the very force of the water it collected. The spray that came off of the natural wonder made it seem as though the air was sparkling and gave a magical aura to the whole place. Given the time to see the beauty that the waterfall brought to the area, your jaw decided it didn't want to stay seated and dropped open at the sight, much to James' enjoyment, as his same laughter from before recontinued at a louder volume.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" His calm voice spoke towards you, summarizing anything you could possibly comment about the sight before you, at least until he added a portion to what he had said. "Rivals your generous looks, even."

You didn't even bother getting embarrassed this time, just slapped his shoulder with your free hand as punishment for his ridiculousness, shaking your head at the laughter that the weak violence summoned forth. Though, after that, the red-eyed man did keep quiet to allow you to enjoy the view set before you, and you did.

"(Y/N)," James called to you teasingly, "You're smiling."

------

Hey guys, it's Dark. Um... Depression. Everyone feels it at some point. That's the only excuse I have, other than the fact that I've been trying to think of a story progression. If you have any ideas, you'd like to suggest because you're cool, PM me. Notifications are worthless at this point because of the sheer number of spammy people I follow.

Anyhow, I love you all, you're amazing people.

~Dark*wantstodie*~