Chapter Eighteen (Part Two)

Previously on Entity 303 x M! Reader... 

Y/N died :O (just kidding) 

Also, I can no longer use italics, bold, underline, strike through, or any other writing tool unless I'm on a computer because mobile browsing is not well supported. My apologies in advance. (In place of italics, I use /around/ the word. In place of bold, [around] the word. Underline is _this_, and so on.) 

------

The hacker's coal-black skin glistened like obsidian from the sweat that trailed off it in rows over his bulging veins and mingling together with the blood of both players and his own tainted body. His left hand raised in the air and came down with fatal force, slamming the diamond hilt of his enchanted blade into the nearest armoured enemy, a strange-skinned player with orders from Notch, the great bald god himself, to keep James and his alliance of a god, a ghost, a piece of abandoned code, and a glitch from entering the brilliant quartz castle that stood on the clouds of the æther. The entity knew that the fate that had befallen three of the four being was soon to befall one whom he had fallen for himself, though the relationship was not just a hungry power grab this time, or else he wouldn't be hear. The others knew it as well, having been addressed by James himself with pleads for help in rescuing you. 

James snapped his head up at the sound of a gut-wretching scream, as did the heads of Herobrine, who was moments from beheading a player whom he had lifted into the air and was having hover over the ground, Lick, who was splattering player blood all over his white and black mask, and Brinery and Null, whom were fighting side by side against the enemy and covering each other even without their knowledge. The sound signified that Notch knew the unlikely crew of mismatched beings were there, and the god of creation was attempting to hurry along the power-extracting process. A sense of urgency fell over the whole of them, some fighting harder because they knew the pain of what you were experiencing this very moment, some summoning illegal items to ensure that the mechanism extracting your soul never got it, and one clearing a path with pure fury from simply knowing you wouldn't last long under the pain of some hardcore mental manipulation, the soul removal, and whatever other injuries the supposed 'god of the people' had inflicted upon you as punishment. The hacker had lost his cloak in the fray of the battle, and his hair was starting to fall loose of the ponytail it was in as he marched with purpose up to the castle gates, dispatching any human that dared to get in his way with double swords, one in each hand. Blood had covered the black of his skin and leaked down to stain his white sweatpants by the time he had reached the doorway in. Locked or not, nothing would bar the distraught being from making his way in there, and James dropped his swords into his inventory as he loaded his own hands with gunpowder and placed them against the door. Within the time it took for the red-eyed griefer to activate the command, the doors met their creator, getting taken out with a single, earth-shattering explosion that shook every single one of Notch's pathetic warriors off of their armoured feet and leaving them for easy kills. James continued inside on his own, since all of the fighters were outside and had to be dealt with anyhow so that you and the hacker wouldn't be obliterated on the leave.

A black hacker with blood staining his body as red as his own eyes barged into the room you and Notch were in, blasting the door off of that room as well with the little patience he had. Seeing his little (Y/N) unconscious in the machine while it drained the life out of you was a difficult thing for him to process, but his bare fists equipped the diamond swords as he turned his attention to the one who was the cause of the treachery occuring, and that had occured. Notch's normally soft black eyes were underlined with some sort of sadistic gleam as the god turned to face who had once been his partner. 

"James, how long has it been? A year, two?" Notch started, obviously more than happy to make polite chit-chat rather than be worried about the angry being approaching him with two blades in his hands with which to smite the god before him. 

The hacker didn't cease his approach, walking faster across the room's clean andesite flooring as his mouth twisted into a grimace. "Thirty decades!" 

"My, my, my, it sure didn't /seem/ that long." He answered casually, not even showing the slightest bit of concern when James picked up speed, now sprinting at the heartless being before him. Weapons clashed - diamond against gold - and sparks glinted across their vision from the mere force of the blow and it's blocking. It only took an angry and irrational James three slashes and one slice across the chest to disarm Notch and toss him up against the wall, pinning him there with a sword through his forearm and buried into the stone material of the wall itself. The hacker was panting heavily from both his sustained injuries and the effort he had put forth to complete this rescue, even as he stumbled to the control panel and smashed it with his remaining sword, hitting it exactly where it would turn off the machine and open the door at the same time, releasing you and allowing you to retain your newly-discovered powers. Of course he knew exactly how to do that in one stroke - he had built the machine with his own two charred hands. But that fact wasn't important at this moment. 

Light flooded your vision as a rush of cool air hit your face, and the overwhelming pain that had knocked your body unconscious had disappeared, leaving behind only the stubs of evil memories. A tall male with black skin, long black hair tied up in a ponytail, eyes as red as the blood on his chest and face, and the most gleeful expression you had ever seen blocked out the terrible light so you could actually see. He blocked out everything, in fact, taking up all the space the open door had once hidden from you, and reached in to tear the restraints off of your body. You flinched, shutting your eyes tightly at the tragic sound of metal being torn apart and clenching your fists in anxiety as to what this person would do to you now that Notch was unable to get to you. In a way, you were relieved to have the pain gone, but you were set right back into the fire just after getting out of the frying pan. 

"(Y/N)," the man said thoughtfully as you slouched over his shoulder, unable to hold yourself upright due to the horrid weakness you felt all over your body. He knew your name, which was odd in itself, but what he said next brought little comfort to your aching mind, as it only incited the imposterous memories implanted in your head. "It's James. You're safe now." 

You suddenly recalled all the terrible things he had done to you, and everything that had hurt started to come back as a dull throb in your head. Your (S/C) elbows dug into his skin as you attempted to push back into the metal cage you'd called home for the past little while, and hour weak voice begged for your life. The man's- James' face contorted into one of confusion at your pitiful requests to live, repeated over and over as you weakly fought against his hold. 

His familiar voice brought more memories with them, but they were too painful to process, and you shoved them aside without even thinking. "(Y/N)? What happened to you, my angel?" 

His voice was so soft and still, simply questioning your odd actions in the most innocent way you could imagine of someone who had abused you so badly. It had to be some sort of twisted trick, something to get you to fall back into his clutches, something that would bring more pain... But you didn't want to believe it. Something inside of you wanted you to trust your abuser, go back to him and see if things were any different, but everything else was encouraging you to fight as hard as you could. 

Out of the blue, your field of vision changed as you were suddenly looking up at James' face, and felt arms under your arms and knees, holding you up and pressing you against his blood-stained skin. You knew at that point, it didn't matter whether or not you fought against him or tried to run away, because you knew it was pointless. You knew there was no reason for you to even think about such things, so you just closed your eyes and allowed those other memories to very slowly file through your head. These ones were new, different, loving - memories you couldn't remember having, yet they seemed so real and plausible. Memories of cuddling with James on a cold night. Memories of racing the red-eyed man up a hill to someone's house. Memories of snuggling so close to each other on a couch in front of a warm fire for the sake of keeping yourself warm. These memories seemed more real, more personal, more from your perspective, and it gave you hope that, just maybe, going with James wouldn't be such a bad thing.