18

"hey are you okay?" i looked up and saw the person who took our order sitting across from me. i nodded my head and wiped my tears. "i'm allergic to cats. that's why i'm like this" i said as i forced a smile. he shook his head.

"no, crying because of allergies is a tear or two. crying because of a heartbreak is what you did just now." he said as he gave me a look of sympathy. i guess it was obvious how heart broken i am. everyone else can see besides hyunjin.

"here if you want, wait for me for 5 minutes. my shift ends then. i can walk you home and maybe on your way you can vent or tell me what's happening? who knows, maybe i can help you" he said as he smiled. i nodded my head and smiled back. "i think i would like that....jinyoung?" i said as i read his nametag at the end. he laughed and waved his hands while shaking his head no.

"nono, call me baejin. it's easier, all my friends call me that. now just wait a sec. i'll take this last order and we can be on our way" he said as he got up to take the guys order.

i packed up my bag and grabbed my drink. i stood up and made my way towards the cashier so i can wait for baejin there. he seemed like a nice guy.

we walked out of the cafe and we started the journey to my house but we took the long way so i could vent and get good advice without rushing it.

"so that boy i was with is my boyfriend......" i started the story and continued to tell him everything. no detail left out, everything included.

"wow..just wow. first off, how is your mom doing?" he said as he turned his head to look at me. "she's good...recovering slowly. i only have 15 more days" i said as i played with my fingers.

"this is a really hard situation. she's making you choose between love and family. that's not cool. i say for now just go and then in a couple of years come back and fix things again. when you come back you can explain to him what HIS mom did. try to get her admitting to it in like a recording or a letter. then you have evidence for when he gets angry and says his mom never did that" he looked down at his fingers and he had a sad look on his face.

"baejin, you okay?" i asked as i looked at him. there was a bench nearby so we sat in it.

"the same thing happened with me. i had a really close friend from elementary school and in middle school we started dating. my mom paid her parents to leave and so we had to break up. she came back a few months ago but i didn't believe her. i was mean to her and ignored him in school. a few weeks later...she committed suicide because she couldn't handle the pain in her heart anymore" baejin cried a little bit as he talked.

"i'm so sorry oh my gosh. don't be sad. she knows that you know the truth now and she's smiling in heaven. she's looking at you and smiling. look at the sky and smile back" and so he did. he looked up and smiled while crying.