11

classes ended. some students went home while others stayed at school for studying, sports, detention or it was their turn to clean the classroom today. but hyunjin and i were here to get scolded.

it was only us and our teacher, it was a bit awkward since hyunjin kept trying to hold my hand or sit closer to me. i didn't want to be so disrespectful in front of our teacher.

the door slid open only to reveal hyunjin's mom. she came and sat down next to hyunjin but on the side furthest from me, she looked at me and then whispered something into hyunjin's ear which made him move away from me a bit.

"seorin, can you please contact your mom and see what's going on? it's been over 10 minutes and she still isn't here" my teacher kindly said to me. i nodded my head and went outside the room to talk to my mom.

"s-seorin! it's dad, as mom and i were making our w-way to your school there was an accident. we got in a car crash. s-she isn't responding so we have to rush her to the hospital. it's even more serious because she's p-pregnant. please tell your teacher we'll reschedule a-and tell them we're sorry. come to the hospital now please, i-i need you. she needs you" my dad said through the phone.

my cheeks were soaked in tears as i put away the phone and i struggled to open the door. "seorin, are you okay?" hyunjin half shouted as he stood up. he was about to run to me until his mom held him back.

"seoyoung, why are you crying? where is your mother? stop wasting my time" hyunjins mom said as she stared deeply into my soul.

"my name is seorin" i said as i looked at her back but then i turned my attention to my teacher. "my mom and dad were on their way but they got in a car crash. my mom is pregnant and they said she isn't responding. my dad said he'll reschedule but i have to go now. i'm so sorry" i said as i bowed and grabbed my stuff. i ran out the building with all my power.