12

my night at the hospital was terrible. the waiting room chairs were uncomfortable and it was cold. my dad didn't sleep at all, he was afraid and worried but i can't blame him at all.

"guardians of mrs.lee?" the doctor finally came out of the operating room as we ran up to him we attacked him with questions.

"please give me a second to speak and i will answer all your questions afterwards. the surgery was successful..but since it was such a big surgery your insurance couldn't pay for it so you must pay it all with cash since our old system only accepts cash. second, once she wakes up we will do exams to see if she has any damage." the doctor said as we both nodded indicating we understood.

"may i ask how much the bill is?" my dad asked. the doctors looked at each other and then showed the bill to my dad. i'm assuming they didn't want me to see but i still saw it from my dads shoulder. $1,500,000 we have to pay for the surgery..we don't have that type of money.

"i can help with that" there stood hyunjins mom, mrs.hwang. she asked for her, my dad and i to go somewhere to discuss about how she can help.

"now.. i can help you pay for that hospital bill. actually i can pay for all of it. but i will need something in return" she explained to us. my dad and i were at the tip of our chairs once she said she can pay for all of it.

"yes, yes of course. what do you need?" the hope and joy in my dad's voice reassured me and made me feel a bit better about this situation.

mrs.hwang then darted her eyes at me while talking to my father and i "seorin breaks up with hyunjin without telling him why and you leave seoul with no trace. delete social media, get a new phone, everything. as if you disappeared. my son doesn't need a distraction like her"

i blinked and automatically tears fled from my eyes. i had to choose, between love or my family and it was pretty obvious what i was going to choose.

my dad held my hand tightly and i knew what he wanted me to do.

"fine, i'll do it. give us a month so my mom can heal and then after she heals we'll leave." i said as i pushed my chair and stood up.

"break up with hyunjin now since it's a deal." his mom said. she sent shivers down my spine. this was the thig you've seen in the movies, but now it has become my reality.

i kept my back facing mrs.hwang and my dad, i took my hands and tightened them into fists and i walked away with tears rolling down my pink cheeks.

'i'm so sorry hyunjin..i'm so selfish but this is for the best' i thought to myself as i walked home in the rain