6

"seorin, let's walk home together today. this time, i'll walk you home" hyunjin said as he grabbed my hand locking our fingers. it caught me by surprise so i kept staring at our hands while we walked.

"are you guys like...dating?" a girl from our class asked. truthfully, i didn't know anyone else in our class so i couldn't think of her name.

"yes-"
"no-"

while hyunjin said yes and i said no it looked terrible. he looked at me with wide eyes.

"but we kissed a week ago, doesn't that mean we're dating?" he said as i slowly took my hand away from his.

"you never asked me to be your girlfriend and the kiss happened a week ago because we were in the moment. we just became friends, moving into a relationship is not our path right now" i said calmly. hyunjins eyes filled with tears as a crowd started to form around us.

"seorin, i basically confessed my feelings that day. should i do it again? i like you seorin. i liked you since the moment i came here. i liked how mysterious you were and how you didn't force yourself on me. i like you because you're different" he said as everyone said 'aw' and gave me a puppy face.

"hyunjin...right now, i don't feel the same way. please let's just be friends"

"be friends? why is all of this so easy for you? i liked you for a year now. it took me so much courage to talk to you." he said as he walked up to me and held me in his arms. my heart was racing but i kept denying the fact that i may like hyunjin.

"i am so so sorry and i understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore" i said as i pulled out of his embrace and started walking. i felt a light grip on my wrist pulling me back.

"if you leave now, any chance of us being together is down the drain" my back was still facing him as his voice cracked in between his sentence.

i pulled my wrist out of his grip and walked away with tears filling my eyes. on the one day hyunjin and i argue it isn't raining. on the one day i need the rain to hide my sad expression, it isn't there to help me.