Episode 8: Angel of Darkness

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Seven?"

"Yes..." He stared at the armor that I was wearing and smiled. "And I will live an eighth one...but not now...the wheel of reincarnation for me is in limbo...that child though will be born in a couple of years. I want you to do me a favor... give your rosary over to that child."

I took out my rosary from underneath my breastplate and clenched it tightly. "This has been in my family for years... I'm not sure if I'll be able to."

"You must... my previous life was filled with enormous difficulties without it. Please, give it to the child. I will appear to this person in a dream and have an exchange similar to this one."

I nodded. "Fine, I'll give it over to you when the time comes. But wait, how would I know it's you? I can't just ask every child in the entire universe."

A gentle laugh filled the light and the darkness. "I always reincarnate into the Kuroriku clan so that should narrow down your search."

I grasped the rosary tighter. "I'm not sure if I'll be willing to give it over to you if you reincarnate into the royal family, nor any of the noble families for that matter."

The place grew eerily quiet. "I've seen what they've done to you. My family, no our family has splintered. The ones who carry the clan's banner have fallen into the same sins as Tierra and I. I ask of you to raise this child, my future self, to be a kind person. Please, avoid the mistakes that we'd made."

I laughed. "Raise you? That'll be pretty difficult unless if you are reborn as my child."

"That's a possibility...and I hope that I do." Hanketsu laughed again. "Well it seems that girl is waiting for you...will she be my future mama?"

I blushed. "She's a child. Ya know, I'm starting to dislike the idea of being ya father."

Hanketsu laughed as my accent returned. "If only...I hope that Destiny allows that...but don't worry, my future self won't remember any of this exchange. Actually, give your rosary over to your first born child...if that child doesn't have a dream of me prior to their sixteenth birthday then take it from him or her."

"I can't do that...if I raise my child right then it will see this as too precious to give up."

"Ahh, but if you do raise him or her properly then the child will understand as well as you have. Now, you can't keep that girl waiting...it was nice talking to you, Daddy."

I grumbled. "I should be the one calling your great-gramps as one of those seven past lives of yours was him!" I yelled as darkness swirled around me.

Hanketsu snickered. "True, you are my descendant, but I might go from being your ancestor to being your descendant," he said, winking.

***

I opened my eyes and saw Yuko sleeping next to me, our hands were locked together. I frantically got up causing her to wake up. Her eyes were red...had they been red before I went to sleep? I pushed myself up, but I was immediately tackled back onto the ground.

"Master's awake!" she yelled, embracing me tightly.

I pushed her off of me. "Of course I am!"

Her face turned red. "S-sorry. Yuko was afraid that master had died from his wounds."

I looked down and noticed that my wounds were gone. Did my shield heal me... or was it my future... I mean Hanketsu.

My face became red as I thought about the exchange.

"I'm fine now," I said, rubbing my head. "I was just tired so I fell asleep."

"Master must've been very tired...he didn't wake up at all." She turned around and lifted up a giant leaf with multiple berries. "Yuko gathered these once she became well." Her stomach grumbled. "They aren't very filling, though."