The Truth Can Be A Bitch

- Damien Black - 

Honesty.

It's what we ask for, but never fully prepare for.

Hearing the truth can be unbearable sometimes, I know first hand what it feels like to hear the truth and wish I'd never asked. However, I also know it's even worse hearing it late...or from someone else. Truthfully, I don't know why I chose this time out of any to tell Roxanne I was with another woman. 

The girl just found out her mother recklessly got pregnant after only being here for a month, and not to mention a month after Roxanne was found. She went through a traumatic experience, the past few weeks I've watched her stare off into space and then suddenly have a panic attack.

That's not all either, Roxanne hasn't been sleeping well, when she starts to freak out being in the dark she calls me. To make sure that I'm still here, and although I'm not with her, the first sign of danger I see, I'll be by her side in half a second.

Her mother tried to connect with her, or get her forgiveness. But Roxanne's a tough cookie, and I've come to realize once she's lost trust in someone—she's lost trust for good. After she found out what really happened at Alfonzo's party with her father, she believed Pierce, and her father didn't deny it.

Roxanne loves her father, a lot, so seeing her distant herself from him is distressful. Here's the best part about it though, he really hasn't noticed or cared. He's been focused on Veronica, trying to get back together to notice his daughter is slowly falling apart in her own household.

Which is why the last thing I want to do, is lose that trust. There's no excuse for what I did, but to find her, I wouldn't take back a single thing. If I waited around for Martinez or James, I'd still be home freaking out, worrying about her. Pierce might have broken her...raped her.

I'd hate myself more for letting another man taint her...I haven't even tainted her myself yet. The box hasn't truly released itself on her, because every time it gets the chance, something happens to disturb it.

"Damien, stop joking around, that shit's not funny." Roxanne said, playing it off.

I shook my head. "If only I was joking."

"Damien, seriously, shut up. It's not funny." She replied, her voice cold.

My eyes held her, and I shook my head. "I'm sorry."

Suddenly my face is turned the other direction and a burning feeling appeared on my cheek. Roxanne's hand was in the air, her face red with anger and sadness seeping out of her eyes. A pained look you can say, a look that I caused.

"Fuck you! What whore did you stick your dick into!?" She yells, her tone full of anger. "Was it Donna? Did you get tired of waiting for me? You couldn't keep it in your pants while I was being abused by some sicko!? What the fuck Damien! Is that all I am to you, someone to fuck?"

"Roxanne—"

"No! Don't try and sweet talk your way out of this." Tears start to fall down her cheeks. "How can you do that to me? I never stopped thinking about you...even when he touched me, all I did was think of you. You were the reason I got through it. The reason I...the reason I didn't lose myself."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't give me that bullshit, you men are all the fucking same as soon as you get your pussy, we have no purpose for you anymore. Well guess what Damien? I'm not another fuck buddy." She gets off the bed. "We're through."