Sorry

- Roxanne Grey - 

A Month Later * 

As I placed the last box on to the Kitchen counter, I felt someone lightly tugging my jeans. I slowly smiled then turned around to find Parker staring at me with curiosity. One of the many wonderful traits he inherited from Bryon, inquisitiveness.

"Need something, hun?" I asked, kneeling down to his level.

Parker looks around. "Is this our new home mama?"

"Yes it is." I smile larger. "Do you like it?"

He nods his head. "Its big and we have a backyard."

"So you can play outside anytime you want too."

His lips curl upwards. "Really?"

"You bet, champ."

The excitement in his eyes made the decision to move back here worth it. Back in the complex Parker couldn't really go out to the park a lot. He always loved going outdoors and would throw a fit if we couldn't go.

I was hesitant on starting a new life back in the one place that I ran away from. With the horrible memories attached to it. Logan, being held captive by Pierce and being dumped by Damien. Even so, with bad memories sparks the good ones and those are the ones that hurt the most.

"When is daddy coming? I want to show him my new room." Parker smiled widely.

I felt my smile fade, he'd never see it. "Why don't you go play in the backyard, see if you like it."

"Okay mama." He didn't question the weird subject change and took no time running towards the backyard door.

How long can I keep this lie going?

*****

Finally I have completed my first week of work and finished unpacking all the major things in the house. Now I can celebrate by taking Parker to not only celebrate my accomplishments but because thanks to my father he'll be starting school on Monday.

So I drove to my parents house where mom was watching Parker while I was at work. Unfortunately I got out an hour late to finish today's project but thankfully it's only six.

When I parked my car, I got out and headed towards the house.

I knocked on the door and immediately my mother opened the door.

"Hey Rox, Parker has been waiting eagerly for his mother to come home." She smiles.

I walk inside and to the living room, Parker was sitting down on the couch staring vacantly at the TV. However, as soon as he saw me his eyes widened and he beamed.

"Mama!" He hops off the couch and runs toward me. "Why are you so late?"

His arms rose, so I picked him up and poked his chubby cheeks. "I'm sorry champ, forgive me?"

"Hmm." He crosses his arms and frowns. "No mama, you're in big trouble."

I frown too. "What if...What if I take you out for some pizza and ice cream?"