The Letter

~TROUBLEMAKER (Roxanne Grey)~

It's officially Christmas.

Everyone is gathered in the living room preparing to open their gifts, even Chase decided to drop by and bring some presents. Dad is in the kitchen boiling some water, it's a family tradition for us to drink hot chocolate while we open gifts. So as we wait for him, we're all chatting up-well everyone except me.

Two nights ago I heard something I'm positive I wasn't supposed to hear. Aunt Tessa had received a letter from her sister...and her sister-her only sister is my mother. Which means that the same women who left me as a child alone with father, has decided to stop hiding. Thing is I want to know what the letter says, why did she contact Tessa and now father and I?

I am her daughter, I am first priority.

"You okay Roxy?" Sammie nudges my shoulder, a worried expression showing on her face.

Snapping out of it, I smile almost instantly. "I'm cool, just a little tired."

"You tired?" Savvy retorted, and laughed. "We couldn't sleep a wink hearing your loud ass snoring."

One thing about Tessa and Savannah's mother--daughter relationship, is that Tessa is cool with anything that comes out of Savvy's mouth. Actually she's cool with anything she does, well except for sex. Savannah is far from a virgin, with the looks she's got I'm sure somebody took away that last bit of innocence.

Savvy wasn't always hot though, she used to be pretty average until she entered high school. After her first boyfriend something triggered inside her and she became the badass girl she is now.

Well it isn't surprising, Tessa's gorgeous. Everytime I look into her ocean blue eyes, I always see my mother since she too, had the same eyes.

"Alright hot chocolate is in the house!" Dad announced walking into the living room.

Everyone grabbed their cup, since dad and I live here we have our own mugs to drink out of. Mine was a Little Mermaid one, and no it wasn't childish--it was mature for my age. Marshmallow decided to wake up from his nap and cuddle next to me on the floor.

Dad placed my mug on the table infront of me, and as everyone started sipping--they also began grabbing their gifts. The first one to open their gift was dad since he was the one to throw the party and invite everyone.

"From the lovely Tess," He opened his gift and pulled out a pair of expensive shoes. "Wow, thanks Tess."

"Your welcome." Tessa replied.

"Next is from the daring Savannah," He grinned at Savvy, opened the box to find a pair of equally expensive shades. "Should have known you'd buy something to bring the inner bad-boy in me out."

Savvy laughed. "Of course."

"This ones from Sammie," This made him chuckle, he pulled out a watch. "Figures, of course you'd get me this since I always asked you what time it was."

"Time for you to get a watch." She winked.

"Last one is my dear Roxanne," Dad smiled this time, and pulled out a picture I sketched for him inside a frame. "You haven't sketched anything for me in almost ten years."

This is true, I used to love art and sketching all the time. Lately I've been in the habit of drawing pictures and was inspired to sketch father and I.

Once he was done, everyone else opened their gifts.

Tessa received a pair of diamond earrings from dad, some red pumps from of course Savannah, and a emerald necklace from me.