First Date, Feeling Like A Teenage Boy In Love

→ Damien Black ← 

Before leaving Michigan, I decided that one last dinner with the family wouldn't kill anyone. Not to mention Tristan came over again, he wants to talk about shit and he's being very persistant about it. 

When my mother saw me for the first time in almost five years, she picked up her broom and almost attacked me with it. Strangely enough, it felt nice—somewhat nostalgic. When I was a kid, and did something bad, mom would always pick up the broom. She'd never hit me with it, but she did threaten to and like the gullible dweeb I was, I fell for it.

Amber and Brooke went home, Brooke decided to go home since she had this womanly intuition that things would take a turn for the worse. She didn't want Amber apart of such a scene and took the safe route which was a good idea.

Now at the dinner table was Donny, mom, Tristan and I. All of us quietly eating moms famous meatloaf without muttering a single word or sound. 

"Damien, I don't enjoy the fact that you're leaving after staying here for only one day. However, you are a grown man and you're free to do what you will." Mom said, breaking the silence. "But if you choose to take four more years to come back home to visit me, when I'm in my late fifties, then we're going to have a problem."

Donny sighed. "Seriously Damien, don't ignore us anymore. We're your family...we all love you and want you to be around."

"Fine." I said, looking up at a contemplating Tristan.

Mom smiled. "By the way, if you go back on your word Damien Black I promise you I'll really take the broom out and beat your ass with it."

"Fair enough, I promise...I'll come more often." This time I genuinley meant it.

Donny placed his fork down, and looked at me with a grin. "Next time you come, why don't you bring the lucky lady."

"Uh..." I glanced over at mom who was shocked.

Her eyebrows flew up. "You have a girlfriend and didn't tell me! I'm your mother, I'm supposed to know these things. Whats her name?"

"Roxanne." This shifted gears rather quickly.

Tristan looked up at me, more shocked than everyone else. Without saying anything he observed Donny and mom interrogating me about Roxanne.

So many questions, so little time.

*****

Free rides are awesome, I mean who doesn't love not having to pay for a cab to get somewhere. Saves me twenty-dollars getting to the airport. In reality this would be a joy-ride, but right next to me was a silent but deadly Tristan. He still refuses to actually talk, which is rather annoying since he is the main reason I delayed my plain.

Roxanne is at home waiting for me, she's way more important than anything at the moment and I don't need to fuck up the only chance to get my girl. I promised her a fancy dinner-date, and some love-making by-fucking-golly I'm giving it to her! And the fact that Tristan has wasted almost all of my time—

"You're an asshole, y'know." Finally, he spoke but with a hint of anger. "Vanishing the way you did."

Like this isn't the first time I'm hearing this? "Tristan cool it, I've heard the same shit for the last two—"

"No!" He snapped. "I'm allowed to be angry at you! You've fucked me over way to many times dude, I'm you're fucking bro that's not cool!"