Letting Go

- Roxanne Grey - 

I'm nervous—really nervous. 

Standing before me was Damien and I don't know whether I'm shocked or glad. Probably both. 

Last time I stood in front of him was at the supermarket where another women approached him. The vibe around the two made it more than clear that he was with her. A beautiful brunette, she was average height and had flawless skin. Even with all that there's only one thing I envy her for having and that's him.

Five years can change an entire persons image, it can make you look better or worse. In Damiens case, it was neither because while I was in another city he managed to turn out to be a billion times more hotter than before. Age was Damiens bestfriend because it's somehow made him more...manlier.

"I...I'm not sure I want to talk." Yes I did. 

Damien ran the tips of his fingers through his hair that was tousled into a sexy mess. "Listen Roxanne, I can't go through my days normally knowing you're here."

"I'm leaving soon..." I wasn't. "...so just suck it up until then."

He scoffed. "That's not what I meant Roxanne and you know it."

"Well when the hell did I learn to read your mind?" Six years ago. 

Just because over half a decade has passed doesn't mean I forgot how to read him. Damien isn't the easiest person to figure out but with work I've somehow managed too. So the fact that I just asked that is a lie and I'm a thousand percent sure Damien knows it.

So he wrapped his arms and pursed his lips. "After I saw you at the supermarket, it's been almost impossible to get you out of my head. When you left me to stay there with that other man, you were supposed to stay there with him. Not come back."

"Unfortunately I'm back and you'll just have to deal with it like an adult." I frown. 

Damien shook his head. "There's obviously a lot we need to talk about and I'm not going to stand out here and discuss. So if you're not busy then we seriously need to do this...like now. Because quiet frankly doll, I am losing it."

"I'm not busy but my parents aren't home, which means I have to stay here and watch Parker..." I hesitate. "...my son."

I was taken a'back by Damiens lack of emotion. "So we'll discuss in there, I'm not leaving until we talk."

"But this isn't my home—"

Damien scowled. "You owe me this Roxanne, you fucking owe me."

Unfortunately he was right, I did owe him this. So I picked Marshmallow up and began walking home, Damien followed. He's always been able to read me so words are never necessary between us. We'll always know what our actions mean.

I opened the door and placed Marshmallow inside, Damien walked in and then I did. When everyone was inside I closed the door and locked it. 

"We'll talk in the kitchen." I inform him. 

Both of us went inside of the Kitchen and found our seats, then sat down across from each other. 

There was tension around us, my heart was racing. What could he possibly want to say to me? Five years is enough time to let go of someone...right? Then why does my heart still cry for him? 

"Roxanne," Damien starts. "For five years, five years, you have left nothing but a bitter-bitter taste in my mouth."

My eyes fall on to the table.