8 | Phone Call

It was a gorgeous Saturday morning and Rosella was in her dorm room. Kaora had to step out of the room, for a second to do something. Rosella was left alone and she was mostly wrapping a gift for Jinx; she got during the week. Rosella had no idea how she would get to the location on the invitation Jinx gave to her on the first of the year, or after she had stood up to her when Katy was literally bumped into her in the bathroom and tried to get into the free stall; before she was able to. with the mention of the popular essix girl, Rosella spat out some spit, away from the wrapping paper, at this rate, Rosella hardly cared at all for that girl.

When Rosella was halfway done she heard her phone going off, she wondered who it was so she got off her bed leaving her half ribbon-wrapped up for her box. She picked up her phone and she noticed her father calling her, with a new message from Kuro. she ignored the message for now and tapped the call and held it up to her ear, she spoke "hello father?" she responded casually

Rosella heard the other end pick up, and Simon's voice was soon heard over on the other end. "Rosella, Darling how's the university going? I bet you had sharp grades as always.." he says overjoyed

Rosella blinked unimpressed, at how her father is acting, in fact, he didn't know anything about her at all. especially not wanting her to even date anyone other than a normal human. She has always been set up on blind dates, in high school and before she left the small town she was born and raised "yeah it's doing well, I'm doing well... I met eight friends, I enjoy hanging out with one of which is my roommate..." explained Rosella as she spoke into her phone, before holding it up to her ear again.

"That's fantastic Rosella, I just bet you enjoy your time and I hope you didn't get into trouble with any of them... you know how I will be..."

Rosella stared blankly as she went back to her bed to continue, wrapping her gift for Jinx "no, no...what? cut to the chase Dad, why are you calling me? This doesn't have anything to maybe force me into a relationship is it?" she asked overwhelmed while shaking her head, "you know how I feel about that"

Rosella put the bow on the wrapped present and then attached the card. "well actually yes, I know a friend who I worked with who has a son, I know you would really like" he says over the phone.

"seriously? I wouldn't like.. what's the son's name?" Rosella spoke while rolling her eyes.

"the son is named Lewis Nathrine, and he has most in common.." responded her father over the phone and he seemed overjoyed.

Rosella shook her head and went into a small term of thought. that would seem to make her unresponsive. she doesn't get why her father would set her up again with this guy, she never really knew, completely disregarding the fact she likes someone else. and that someone else is a pureblood vampire. Rosella slightly wanted to have a mix in the family tree, but according to her mother and father, that won't happen. it always has to be human and werecat. "Father please stop pursuing me to date other humans, when I am part one, what if I chose to date a vampire instead what are your thoughts?" she asked getting fed up with the conversation between her father about Lewis.

"What are my thoughts well, I wouldn't like that you do know vampires kill and turn humans into vampires.. but oy who knows how they react to a werecat.." he said over the phone in thought.

"well, what if I told you that I have a crush on one.. and he does too" she insisted over the phone.

All Rosella heard was laughter at the moment and a call out to Lavender on the other side. Rosella had flushed cheeks, hearing more laughter on the other end; before her father spoke again "Rosella be real, I'm sure you will enjoy this boy I set you up with?" he spoke with a small laugh, in his voice "let me send you a picture of this guy who I think you should get know?"

"You're not even listening to me, what if I actually do have a crush on a pureblood vampire!" she yelled out over the phone; before hanging up on her father in anger, before tossing it in her silver backpack.

Rosella was fed up, and she was furious; she grabbed anything nearby and knocked it off in anger. when she is angry and her werecat features show up and it was hard for her to calm down afterwards. Rosella had no idea her cat fangs grew out and became sharper, but when she heard voices of Kaora and Jinx came on the outside of the door; Rosella jerked upward and gasped hearing the voices and put her gift in her backpack, with her swimsuit. unaware of her fangs spiking out, as she zipped it up. she swung it over her shoulder by just seconds Kaora opened the door and walked in with Jinx not far behind "Rosella Jinx is here" she responded

As Rosella began to speak; she felt her cat fangs, in the way of her tongue. she quickly nodded and went beside Jinx trying to pull her to get going. Which got Kaora's attention, "is something wrong Rosella?" she asked

Jinx just looked at Rosella, who was panicking a little. She made some signals near her mouth half-hidden from Kaora's sight. Jinx gasped quietly at Rosella. Rosella nodded and used her thumb at the door. Kaora looked suspicious at the way Rosella was acting toward her like she has something that she isn't telling her and it seems like Jinx also knew about it. "oh sorry Kaora, I think we should start to go down to my vehicle now?" she says and starts to lead Rosella to the door.

Rosella looked back at Kaora and did some basic hand signings, she was forced to learn from her mother, whenever her anger flashed outwards. She used and I am sorry... Kaora had no idea what Rosella was doing since she doesn't know sign language. "happy birthday Jinx" responded Kaora as she waved her hand at Jinx

By the time Kaora said that Jinx was about to close the door. "oh thanks" she said quickly before closing it.

Kaora sat down on her bed, as she noticed the mess on Rosella's side of her room, she got up and went over to tidy it up for her best friend and roommate whispering to herself, suspiciously "what are you hiding Rosella?" she asked whilst picking things up.

***

As Rosella and Jinx made their way down; Rosella explained to Jinx about an earlier phone call with her father and how she had gotten so angry to where she tossed most of her belongings down to the floor and making her cat fangs grow out and much sharper. well-tried to at least, since most of the students staying in the Western Edge Hall Apartment they pass by as they were heading out was calling out happy birthday to Jinx which has to shut herself up and completely ignoring Rosella while at it.

"Well that's the end of it, that's why my fangs grew" spoke Rosella through her fangs, as both if they got out of the elevator.

"that's interesting, and I feel sorry having your father set you up with that boy.. like that type of parents.." she says

"I know, it seems he doesn't trust me in my love life... I even told him specifically I have a crush on a pureblood vampire... but he just laughed! could you believe it!" snapped Rosella

Jinx looked at Rosella with worry, when she saw Rosella start to get fur in her ears and longer ears. Jinx pulled her out of the doors, exiting the building and quickly to her car where she beeped the remote and opened the passenger seat and sat Rosella down, before closing the door and rushing over to otherwise; but before she got in Katherine Collie showed up out of the blue by pulling into space next to her. "Hey Jinx, happy birthday to you," she says cheerfully

Jinx turned around hiding her view at Rosella. "uh-huh— wait what gives?" she says "somehow you were mean but now you're nice?"

Jinx casually stepped forward, toward Katy's car; before she quickly raced over and got into her car, before Katy got out. She quickly grabbed the seatbelt and put it over her. Rosella had her hands over her ears, but she was glaring at Katy through Jinx's window of the car, mouth closed.

Jinx then pulled on the wheel and put the key in and backed out quickly, before Katy could do something terrible and sped off and out of the parking lot, rather quickly.