The boy looked at him again and nodded, before turning his head back to the window.

Luke put his cheek on the table and stared up at the boy. "Do you have a name? Do you want me to guess-"

"Ashton."

Luke sat up. "I never would have guessed that, I like it!"

The boy smiled and looked away.

Luke studied him. "You don't talk much, do you?"

The boy stood up. He threw away his trash and started walking to the door.

"Wait!" Luke jumped up. "I'm sorry if I offended you, please dont go!"

The boy stopped at the door.

Luke ran up to him. "Did I hurt your feelings? I'm sorry."

The boy nodded and left.

"Wait! Did you mean that as a yes for I did hurt your feelings, or that you accept my apolo-oh he's gone."

-

The next day was sunny out, so there was lots more customers at the coffee shop.

Luke was so busy, he almost didn't recognize the boy who approached the counter.

"Hi Luke."

Luke looked up and gasped. "Ashton! Hey! Are you here to see me or order something?"

Ashton smiled and nodded.

Luke beamed, then frowned. "Wait, do you mean yes for seeing me or for ordering something?"

Ashton laughed. "Second one."

Luke frowned. "Oh, okay. What do you want?"

Ashton shrugged.

Luke nodded. "Want another cupcake?"

Ashton shrugged. Luke pulled out a chocolate cupcake. "Is this okay?"

Ashton handed Luke the money and took the cupcake, walking over to a free table.

Luke watched him, until he was snapped out of it by another customer.

He took his break early, making his co worker take his place as he sat by Ashton.

"Hi. I'm glad you came back." Luke told him.

Ashton smiled.

Luke scooted a little closer. Stealth mode activated.

"So, is this gunna be like a daily thing or no?" Luke asked.

Ashton gave him another funny smile.

Luke smiled too. "So, is that a yes, or a smile for no?"

Ashton smiled and looked down.

Luke sighed. "You make me awkward."

Ashton laughed. Luke smiled and put his head in his hand as he looked at Ashton.

"Do you wanna hang out later today? Or are you busy?" Luke asked a moment later.

Ashton looked at him and nodded.

"Wait, does that mean you want to hang out, or that you are busy?" Luke asked as Ashton got up.

"Hey where are you going?"

Ashton left out the door, giving Luke a small wave before he left.

Luke stared after him and collapsed back down on the chair.

-

"You want me to what?" Mikey asked.

"Just pretend to be a news reporter and say a meteor is gunna strike the Earth." Luke said into the phone. "Get Calum too."

"Why am I doing this?" Mikey asked.

Luke sighed. "Because this boy comes into the shop everyday and he doesnt speak much and I really like him but hes so shy and I dont know, I just want to get closer with him but he doesn't let me in."

"So saying the world is gunna end will make you two closer? The stupidity levels are at an all time high."

Luke sighed. "Just come over. I got everything set up already. And bring Calum!" He hung up.

Half an hour later, Mikey and Calum were in the back room of the coffee shop, standing behind a green screen and in front of a camera.

"Okay, look at your papers and say the world is gunna end." Luke instructed. "Then when Ashton comes in, I'll play this recording and he'll think the world is ending."

"This plan reeks of failure." Calum muttered.

"Really? I smell stupidity." Mikey said.

Luke stomped his foot. "Guys can you please not?"

He started the camera. "Okay, go!"

Calum sighed but started reading. "In other news, we have breaking news that NASA just discovered an asteroid heading towards Earth, with no signs of being able to change its course."

Mikey nodded. "We advise the Earth will obliterated in five minutes. If there's any last things you want to do, like kiss the person sitting next to you, you should do it now."

"That is all." Calum said and Luke shut off the camera.

"Perfect! He's totally gunna fall for this!" Luke said happily.

Calum and Mikey shared looks before shaking their heads.

-

Luke set the tape into the TV and walked over to Ashtons table.

"How's your cupcake? Is it good or do you want a different one?" Luke asked, sitting beside Ashton.

Ashton smiled and nodded.

"So...its good? Or do you want a new one?" Luke asked in confusion.

"In other news, we have breaking news that NASA just discovered an asteroid heading towards Earth, with no signs of being able to change its course."

Both boys snapped their heads up to the TV.

"We advise the Earth will obliterated in five minutes. If there's any last things you want to do, like kiss the person sitting next to you, you should do it now."

Luke faced Ashton, a look of horror on his face. "How horrible! We should take his advice!" He leaned in.

Ashton put his hand up, stopping Luke from coming any closer, taking a bite of his cupcake with his free hand.

Luke pouted. "Does that mean you want to die a virgin?"

Ashton choked on his cupcake.

Luke quickly got him some water. "Sorry, didn't mean to make you choke."

Ashton waved him off.

Luke looked around, slowly sliding closer to Ashton.

"So..."

Ashton sighed and shrugged. He grabbed Luke's face and pressed their lips together.

Luke froze, his eyes wide.

Ashton pulled away and smiled. He got up and left, waving a good bye.

Luke stared after him like an idiot.

"Th-thanks!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

im back from camping! yas bitches!

should I do a character asks? where u guys can ask any character from any one shot any question? so Luke, Ashton, Micheal, Calum, 1D, other characters and maybe me? just comment what one shot ur asking from XD

idk tho

also, can we put a pause on the requests? i need some time to catch up XD sorry! u can still request, but it will take me a while to write it ♡ sowwy