It was finally the day for the surgery and i was scared to death.

"You will be fine inshaa Allah!" Ali tried to make me feel better and i shakily nodded.

"If...if anything happens to me, Ali. Know that i love you." I confessed.

I heard his deep intake of breath "Nothing will happen to you inshaa Allah. I love you too, Ava."

My hands found his hair and i carefully pushed him towards me, my lips meeting his.

.........

24 hours later, I woke up after the surgery. The doctor said it was successful but it was up to me to decide whether i wanted to see with it or not.

"So you mean it might not work if she doesn't want it." Ali asked.

"Yes." The doctor answered.

"It's up to her. We've done all we can." She added and i heard her footsteps, meaning she had left.

"Are you okay?" Ali snapped me out of my trance.

I nodded "Y...yes."

There was silence for a little bit before Ali broke it.

"Ava?"

"Hmmm."

"Why don't you want to see?"

It was a shock hearing that from him but he was right. I was preventing myself from seeing.

I shrugged "I...i don't know, Ali."

He kissed my hair "You can always tell me, Baby."

I sighed "I really don't know, maybe it's guilt or... maybe i'm just afraid."

"You know...you haven't really told me about that accident "

I took a deep breath "It was my birthday, i really wanted to go to the amusement park. Even though i knew my Mum was sick that day, i...i forced her to take me and...and then our car crashed with a trailer. I...i can't forgive myself for that...i can't."

He hugged me and started whispering soothing words to me.

"What do you think your Mum would want for you? Do you think she would like it when you reject this opportunity only a few get? Do you think she would be proud of you?"

I shook my head "She always wanted the best for me, she has always wanted me to be happy." I sniffled.

Ali placed a kiss on my forehead "Then do that, will you."

I sighed and relaxed on to him, a small smile on my face, all the while thinking about my Mum and dead child.

A day later, it was time to leave the hospital. Iman and Na'ima who arrived last night had escorted me out of the hospital. Ali went to work this morning to take care of some important stuff.

As i was about to enter the car "Thank you very much." I heard an unfamiliar voice say.

I quirked an eyebrow.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" Na'ima asked.

The woman was silent for a few seconds "You saved my son and i'm very grateful to you for that."

My heart almost skipped a beat "W...what?"

"It was my son. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I...i had just left him with his nanny to get checked up and when i came back, i...i saw what happened. I didn't know what to do, i'm so sorry." Her voice breaking as she spoke.

I felt sad and the same time happy for her, because she still had her baby with her.

I heard a soft chuckle, it came from a baby and i let out an audibe gasp. It was the baby.

"How is he?" I asked worriedly. "Is he hurt? Hope nothing happened to him?"

The lady broke down again "I...i'm so sorry. He's totally fine, you...and your...baby took the hit. I...i am so sorry. Please forgive me."

Having felt it was enough, i forced a smile on my face "There is no reason for me to forgive you, it wasn't your fault...so please stop apologizing and live happily with your child."

I nodded agreeing with myself and i slipped into the car. The ride home was quiet as i had been the past few days.

"Are you not going back home?" I heard Na'ima asking Iman.

"No. I will stay for a few days." She answered stiffly.

She had been acting strangely lately, as if it was her fault i got injured. She barely spoke to me if we were alone.

"You should go." I whispered.