climbing the ranks

on last part......

Do you know where they went? Did you happen to see someone who looked like a commander or something? We need as much evidence as possible if you want us to save them." Josh ask grabbing a notepad. "Well I happened to see his clothes, he was wearing BDUs like a normal iranian general, but obviously he wasn't, he had a lot of medals on him, he quite honestly looked like Fidel Castro, I couldn't really catch his name, I think it was something like bahador (means knight; hero)" burns tried to say the man's name. "Do you know what direction he was heading in?" Daniel asked. "I heard one of them say that more reinforcements are coming from the south, so I'm thinking that one of their major bases is their, and that might be where they took the rest of us." Burns pointed to one of the exploded walls pointing south. "Alright, well it's unsafe here, get on the back of the Abrams and we'll take you to our base, steel we're all good her some soldiers are coming with us, get ready to move out." Daniel replied. *Engine spurrs up* "roll out!" Steel yelled. *Tanks crossing flat desert, cinematic look* "I know it sucks, trust me I know, but thinking it's your fault will only bring you down, it wasn't your fault, you did what you could, consider that a victory. You saved some lives, isn't that an accomplishment." Daniel sighed looking back at memories. "Ya it is, but I just can't stop thinking of how I could have saved more lives." Burns shrugged. "Let me tell you a story about me. Before this crew that I have now, I had a previous team that was super trained, one day we tried to take control of a city. But.... We got tracked, shot I the left cheek, had to ditch the tank while it was on fire. And the worst part was tanya got killed from the shrapnel, Noah got shot in the throat from a stray bullet, and Liam got is leg stuck under an exploded Abrams turret. Me and Liam are the only survivors, Noah died in my arms, i saw Tanya get ripped to shreds, and it killed me, I also got shot in the chest and barely survived." Daniel lifted up his shirt. *Daniel poking out his turret, suddenly he gets flashbacks of that day, Daniel starts to scream* "woah Daniel chill!" Josh suddenly perked up. *Daniel screams more, starts covering his face, Josh gets up and jumps on top of the turret* "Daniel! It's ok, calm down, your ok, what's going on!" Josh yelled pulling Daniel out of the tank hugging him. "That day, I lost my friends, and it's all my fault." Daniel screamed. "It's not your fault, you couldn't have done anything different." Josh replied. "Ya I guess your right." Daniel replied getting off Josh and dropping back down his hatch. "Anyways, it's not your fault, you both tried your best." Josh told both Daniel and burns. *Ten minutes later, back at base* "come to the war room guys." Steel told Daniel, Josh, and burns. *Door opens then closes* "alright what do we know?" Josh asked. "Well we know that bahador is a pretty high up person, he's lead many attacks and won, the more unfortunate part is he knows how to drive and shoot in any tank, so be careful of knocked out tanks, their gun may not be knocked out, currently we know there is a base about half a day south of the small base we defended. We also know that there was an offensive line that we had, it apparently was destroyed, there are tank embankments there for cover." Steel pointed to a map. "So when are we moving out?" Daniel asked. "Tommorow morning g early, dismissed." Steel commanded.