New Recruits

"wake up Daniel!" SLAP!! a medic yelled while slapping him awake, enemy fire was back again even harder. "whats going on? are we retreating? wheres Liam?" Daniel asked as he was being carried away on a gurney. "we're retreating! ISIS has gotten a hold of T-14 Armatas, very big upgrade from their usual T-55s and T-72s. Liam is in critical condition, theres.... theres no promise he will survive long enough for us to get him more blood." The medic replied carrying Daniel. with the mission being a failure, the U.S. withdrew from the battle letting ISIS take over Al Diwaniyah, a pretty big city of 60,000+. this gave them a major foothold to push the U.S. out of Iraq. Daniel closed his eyes hoping time will pass so he can get out of the battlefield, he can't go back, not to this place. "2 days later" Daniel was taken to 332nd Expeditionary Medical group, a hospital on the frontline of Iraq. "your a very, very lucky man, your left eye was only hit with shrapnel, you wont be able to see out of it too well, but its better than having no eye sight at all, as for your chest your super lucky, it hit one of your rips stopping the bullet enough to not do a lot of damage to your right lung." Dr. Pierce said looking at his chart. "what will happen to me once i get better?" Daniel asked. "well its not a very serious case, so... you'll probably be sent back to fort Mcclarren." Dr. Pierce replied. "excuse me, is Daniel in here, i wa...." Liam asked knocked on the door. "NO WAY!!!! YOUR ALIVE!!! thank god." Daniel got up suddenly while running over to him. You see, Daniel and Liam are very close friends. They've known each other since kindergarten. "you look like hammered shit Daniel." liam laughed "I could say the same to you, so whats gonna happen to you now that your missing your leg?" Daniel asked. "honorable discharge, its gonna suck not being able to fight by your side anymore." Liam chuckled. "Man, it was an honor to fight with you." Daniel replied. Daniel waved bye to Liam as he left for his home in Colorado. a couple of days later Daniel was recovered enough to be transferred to Fort Mcclarren.  fort Mcclarren was the most advanced base the army had. It was like a little city for the army, including a 40 story tower for the soldiers to have like their little own apartment. *car pulls up, door slams shut* Daniel gets out of the car heading to the headquarters. "excuse me sir, do you know where i can find the 109th armored division commander Daniel at?" a girl asking one of the guards. "he's walking this way right now." the guard pointed towards Daniel. "thank you so much!" the girl replied. "well hello, Sari, is that correct? well i heard your looking for me? How may I be of service?" Daniel asked Sari. *sari turns and salutes Daniel, as well as the guards* "SIR! Private Sari Reporting for duty, SIR!" Sari yelled to sound bigger than she is. "at ease everyone, don't salute me it feels weird, well Sari lets discuss this over to lunch, I'm starving, is there more people also reporting to me or is it just you?" Daniel asked as his stomach rumbled. "there are 2 more people reporting to you sir, their still on duty doing their jobs around the base, we'll meet them later." Sari replied.