Chapter 2: 6 years too long

Start from the beginning

After 20 long minutes in the bathroom, I finally came out and got dressed into my pyjamas. Climbing into my comfy double bed, I sank underneath the soft covers pondering over the events that occurred today. I gently touched my lips thinking about the geek I kissed and furiously rubbed them trying to remove any remnants of his lips.

Why the fuck did I do that? I think I'm going crazy. The nerd of all people too.
I buried myself in the sheets and slowly fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

"Why w-would you do that" the nerd complained in the empty hallway of the school, "I was saving that kiss for someone special." He mumbled, but loud enough for me to hear.
"Who, your mum?"
"N-no" he whispered, "Hayley Green."
My eyes widened, did he just say Hayley Green, the 'supposedly' most loved and most popular girl in the school. He would never have a chance with her...or could he? That's when my idea sparked.

"I have a proposition for you."
"Do you even know what that means?"
"You have a very smart mouth for a geek."
"Its nerd actually and yes I'm shy but I'm not scared of you."
"Shut the fuck up before I make you shut up." I dully stared. He nodded.
"You like Hayley Green and want to go out with her, I assume. I need some help on all my subjects and need an extra curriculum activity, WHICH could be your maths club."

"So I will get the girl of my dreams if I let you into the Mathletes and help you with your failing subjects "
"Exactly!"
"No."
"Yaaay- wait what!"
"I don't believe you can help me get Hayley, you don't even talk to her to know what she likes. Let alone your probably just using me to get help and then just leave me stranded."
"I'm a girl so I know what girls like, especially basic bitches like Hayley Green. It's not hard to know what she looks for in a guy and I can easily help you out. Trust me."

"Well I don't."
"I need you as much as I need food. Please, help me out here."
"So what if I don't, going to ruin my second kiss too?"
"No? I will rip off your genitals and feed them to you. Don't under estimate my craziness."
"Ookay, I'm in."

I took my hand to shake his and noticed a blue and grey bracelet around his wrist. It was identical to the one on my wrist too and I think he noticed as his face changed too.

"Noah?!"

"Cayden?!"

I felt overwhelmed with emotion; joy and happiness took over my body. I felt tears welling up in my eyes and soon his were doing the same, it felt like a dream.

I quickly embraced him, holding him tightly as I could, not wanting to ever let go. His warm arms wrapped around me making this feel even more realistic. His scent wafted into my nose putting my heart at rest, that I had truly found my best friend again. The person who made me complete and feel wanted and safe.

Crying was something I had never done since he left and now he was here ancient tears rolled down my face onto his shirt. After a few minutes of both of us sobbing we finally spoke.

"I can't believe it's you. You've changed so much." I smiled wiping my tears, "We've been together in the same college but neither of us knew?"
"It's crazy, I'm so happy right now. I've missed you so much. Oh you've grown up so much from before."

I saw him take in my outfit. I had on black boots, a plain white t-shirt, blue jeans and a black leather jacket white a tiger imprinted on the back.

When I compared his younger self to him now there was a big change in his appearance. Although he still had his big, black rimmed glasses and clear braces. He physically looked different and vocally too. He had the same type of clothes that he used to wear: a blue and yellow knitted jumper on top of a white shirt, blue trousers and ugly brown loafers.