Unexpected friend

Jordan released his grip on Ava, sending her straight into his open lap. Jordan put his hands behind him, hoping that no one would suspect he had been freed. Ava duct around him, out of sight.
Assistant Waters made his way to the key pad on the side of the sliding glass cell door.

Jordan stood slowly. Ava clung to his hands nervously.   "Its alright." Explained Waters as he held his hands out, surrendering.

Jordan walked right up to Waters, towering over him. "Why should we— I trust you?" Jordan pressed.

"So Ava is with you?" Waters asked, realizing Jordan's slip up.

Jordan just sighed fiercely. Waters grinned warmly. "She's very special, please protect her." He asked.

Hearing those words, Ava knew that waters had a good heart. She leaped up onto Jordan's shoulder. Surprised, Jordan reached to catch her, but she was not new to shoulder riding, thanks to Peter.

"Okay then.." said Jordan. He wasn't so sure about Waters just yet, he hoped that Ava wasn't being reckless.

"Ava!" Waters gasped. He was thrilled to see that she had not been found by the guards yet. "What are we waiting for? Let's get you two out of here!"

Waters reached into a cabinet with a counter on the side of the room, pulling out Jordan's cloths became in and a fresh lab coat. "Here, you'll need this." Jordan took it and quickly began to dress. Ava lifted her wings and glided into the table. Jordan realized it was his first time seeing Ava fly successfully. It was brilliantly graceful.

Once Jordan was dressed and appeared to be another scientist at the facility, Waters took the card around his neck and handed it to Jordan.

"Here, this will help you out."

"Thank you." Replied Jordan.

Waters looked at Ava, "So sorry, Ava. I hope you can forgive me..." He told her.

Ava nodded, and jumped off the counter, flapping her wings to land on Jordan's shoulder.

"Best hide her. You won't escape like that." Waters explained.

Jordan looked down at his lab coat pockets, they were plenty large enough for a small Avain. He opened the pocket, allowing Ava to slide inside.

After giving Jordan the instructions to find a way out Jordan discretely paced down the hallways. The alarm was still echoing. After many evasions from other employees and narrow hallway corridors they made it to a large enforced double door. Jordan opened it with his card. Thank goodness it opened. The soft morning sun blinded Jordan.

Just as they began to run away from this awful place, a blood curdling voice echoed from behind them.

"STOP, RIGHT, THERE!" 

Ava sank in fear as she recalled the voice....Howard....