Get well

All Ava wanted to do was to tell Warren how much she missed him.  He had no idea how much Ava still needed him.  Jordan was kind, but he was not an Avian, and that brought uncertainty to her. She had no idea how much trust to have in him?

---

Ava felt warmth around her body, and her injured wing felt like it had been tempered with.  Faint voices filled her head.

"Oh my goodness, Jordan, where did you find her?" 

"It doesn't matter, she needs our help.  Can you find out what's going on?"

"Of course! let me see what I can do."

Ava felt a cold object touch her bare chest, and a warm hand over her short black hair and cheek.  As much as she tried, she couldn't seem to fully wake.

"Its going to be okay Ava."  Jordan's voice echoed in her mind.

"Her heart rate is concerning, and she has a high fever." Said the unfamiliar man in the room.

"what does that mean?"

"It could mean that she has an infection... I have an antibiotic that can help, but ill have to use a very small dose."

"okay."

Ava managed to crack her eyes open.  She felt weak, and shaky.  A blurred image of Jordan's face looked down at her.  "Jordan?" Ava breathed. "What's going on?" 

"Ava, just relax, your safe, I promise."  He replied softly. 

Ava felt an unfamiliar hand grab her arm.  She jerked away instinctively.  It's touched was replaced with Jordan's.  Ava's support shifted, and a warm hand clutched her arm. "She's just scared." She heard Jordan's voice say. "Your not going to like this."

Ava took a deep breath and tried to break out of the tight grip that had her.  It was no use as
more hands than she cared for held her. 

"ready?" 

"Go ahead, do it."

Just then Ava felt a sharp sensation in her arm.  She tensed.  "Ava." Jordan said.  She felt the grip on her loosen, and the pain left. Her arm was released and Jordan's hands cradled her warmly. He brushed his thumb over her head.  Ava felt safe again, and her breathing began to slow.

"All done." the other voice spoke.  "Now she needs lot of rest and hydration." 

Ava curled up in Jordan's palm.  She felt a soft warm blanket place over top of her.

"How long will it take for her to heal?" 

"It should be about a day or two, just keep an eye on her temperature." 

The voices became increasingly faded, but Ava made out bits and pieces of the conversation between Jordan and the other man.

"Jordan, you have to report this, think about how much we could learn from her?"

"Are you kidding me?! You know what they would do to something like her?!  They would take her, and never let her go, or worse, kill her."

"So then, are you going to let her go?"

"..I... uh,... well, uh....yeah, duh.  When she gets better....of course...."

"Jordan, seriously though.  I mean, what if it's like a missing link or something?" 

"Yeah? Or, imagine all the bad people that could get their hands on her?" 

...

"Jordan, I didn't mean to...."

"Don't tell a soul!"

"Of course not.... I'll see ya bud, keep me posted, okay?"

"sure."

...

The sound faded into silence, and Ava faded into a deep sleep.