2

You finally reached your house after a long walk.
You plucked a flower from the little garden outside your house, and just inhaled the aroma you were expecting it had, but sadly, the flower was odorless.

'Shit. FML! I can't be dramatic for once'
You thought to yourself.

You harshly twisted the flower back into the soil, so It would stay in place and said,
Y/N: "Grow you little piece of shit"

You opened the door, leading to the T.V room.
You switched the T.V on, and plopped yourself on the couch, throwing your bag on the table infront of you in the meanwhile.

Suddenly, your mom emerged from somewhere like a ghost and scared the shit out of you. She smacked your head which caused you to flinch and curse, and because of you cursing, your mother hit you again.

"Mom, I seriously just reached home, and instead of greeting me with hugs and kisses, you're hitting me?"

"That's what you deserve! coming home this late?"
Late? I reached home in time. Actually, even earlier than most other days.

"Your class fellow's holding a party. How are you going to get ready in such little time?"

"My what- huh? How did you know about that? I'm not going anyway. You know i feel uncomfortable at gatherings"

"I have my ways. Comfortable or not, go get ready right now. No excuses"

"I'm really not interested, mom"
There was no use in arguing with your mother. She had always given you advices on everything, not to exclude the fact that she was totally right every time, but she had not forced you once. Maybe, this was better for you. You had always had social anxiety. Your throat would run dry upon seeing groups of people and it just made you very tense overall. Maybe facing your fear would help you somehow. Either way, sighing, you went to your room to get ready.

Even while contemplating what to wear, you couldn't figure out how she got to know about the party. You pushed the thought aside and went to your father to ask him if he could suggest an outfit.

"Hi, dad. Sorry, couldn't greet you as soon as I came back home. How are you?"
You asked about his day, and he asked about yours. You had always been very close to him. You could basically ask him about anything, and he would answer regardless of how stupid the question was.

"So, mom's forcing me to go to this party-"

"Can I come along? It's been a long time since i last went to a party. Oh, the thrill and the excitement, the echoing music, the flashing disco lights"

"Sorry to break it to you dad, but the party's for- um- well, young people"

"Are you trying to say i'm old now? Darling, I could dye my grey hair strands right now and i'd be ready to partay!"

"Um, well, i'm not sure. Anyway, i'm here to ask you something. Do you know what to wear to a party?"

"Yes, honey. Well, to impress the ladies, you could dress casual, like wear a suit and tie-"

"Uh, well, that's not what I was expecting but thanks, I guess. I'll go now"
You awkwardly hugged him and quickly went to go change before he could say anything else.

You took out a sweatshirt to pair with sweatpants, but quickly put them back once you remembered the trauma you went through for wearing a pair of sweats to a previous school party. Never again.

Guess today was the day you'd have to wear a dress and heels. Though not very happy on that decision, indeed very proud to try and go out of your comfort zone.

Quickly washing up, you matched your heels and purse to your dress and went downstairs. Your mother complimented you, saying you look like Selena Gomez. I mean- Sure. That works too.

You called an uber and sent your mom your live location. Oh, the perks of being a girl.

You quickly wiped your sweaty hands, praying to God that you won't embarrass yourself.

Aaaa thank you so much for all the votes! This fic is so shittily written :( I wrote it a long time ago, not really expecting any reads or votes, but now that i see a lot of people adding this fic to their reading lists and everything, i wanna rewrite it so bad and that's what i'm doing. I'll try my best to make it less cringe and better :(( thank you for sticking through <3

^^^ P.s if you really read that whole author's note, i love you. Thank you for being so committed :(

 Thank you for being so committed :(