Chapter 41

Please play Parachute's 'The Mess I Made' for this chapter. Thank you SO much for reading FFTGB! :)

* * * * * *

I was speechless. I think I probably stood there for a good five minutes before someone broke the silence.

"What the hell are you two doing here?!" Blake shouted angrily.

"We came down here to see Rae. We haven't seen her since she left," James told us as the two of them stepped out of the elevator.

"There's a thing called a phone," he snapped.

"We wanted to see her," Alek retorted. What should I do? Do I just stand here and let the three of them shout at each other? Should I get in the elevator and just ignore them? That idea was crossed off when the doors slid shut. My breathing was ragged and my vision was blurry. 

I've had feelings for all three of these guys and they've all hurt me. Terribly. I still had no idea of what to do, but I think James had an idea because he pulled me into his arms and squeezed me tightly.

Blake stiffened next to me and I just knew that something horrible was about to happen.

"Get your disgusting hands off of her," he yelled. James dropped his arms, but then Alek stepped forward and hugged me next. What?

"Raelene!" Blake shouted. "You're just gonna let them hug you?!"

"We are her friends," Alek smirked as he stepped back from me. No, they weren't.

You can't be friends with someone who you've had feelings for because those feelings will just find another way to resurface whether you like it or not.

Either way, I didn't want to be friends with someone who told me that I was a conquest and hurt me like James. And I didn't want to be friends with someone who would physically hurt me like Alek. I still hadn't said anything.

"Well? Aren't you happy to see us?" James smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. I kept my eyes glued on the wall behind James, I didn't want to look at Blake.

"Y-yeah, of course," I stuttered. "We were actually going to go swimming right now. Could I catch up with you guys later?"

"That'd be great!" James kept his struggling smile on, and Alek smiled a little, closed lip smile.

"I'll see you later." I tried to keep my voice perky, but it failed a little at the end so I lowered my gaze and pressed the elevator button again to open the doors. James and Alek started walking down the hallway and right before James face disappeared, I saw his smile fall off of his lips.

Blake tugged me into the elevator and pressed the first floor button. "Did you tell them to come? Did you know they were coming? Why are they here? Why did you let them hug you? Do you still have feelings for them?" Blake bombarded me with questions and I held up my hand to stop him from speaking.

"I didn't tell them to come. I didn't know they were coming. I don't know why they're here. I didn't have a choice when they hugged me, it'd be rude. I don't have feelings for them," I answered the questions that I could remember hearing.

Blake crossed his arms and shifted so he was staring straight at the doors. They opened a second later and we stepped out and made our way to the pool.

"Blake?" I asked quietly as we walked outside.

"Hm?" 

"Can we just pretend like they aren't here? Like they never showed up? Please? I don't want to see you all moody and we were having fun," I pleaded with Blake.