Chapter 22

I didn't want him to forget about me. I didn't want him to stop chasing me. I didn't want to leave him.

His words were still floating around my head and I didn't even notice Alek pull into my driveway and cut the engine. He placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed.

"Rae, are you alright?" he asked. I nodded and got off of the motorcycle.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I noticed the doubt cross Alek's features, but neither of us commented on it. We walked into my house and Alek opened the fridge and grabbed two water bottles while I took a seat on the couch.

I heard him say something as he placed a bottle in front of me, but I wasn't able to make any sense of it.

"What?

"I asked what you wanted for to ear. Are you sure you're okay?" Alek was kneeling in front of me, his hand on my knee.

"I'm fine. I'll just have whatever's easiest," I suggested. Alek nodded, squeezed my knee and stood up to start boiling water.

Was Blake serious? Was he gonna forget about me?

"Rae!"

"What?"

"How much sauce do you want?" he asked.

"On what?"

"The spaghetti."

"Oh. Is it ready?" Had it been that long?

"Yeah, it has been for like five minutes."

"Oh. I'll have however much you're having."

Alek walked into the living room with two plates and handed one to me. I took the fork and twirled it in the pasta.

Was Blake really gonna stop chasing me? 

"Raelene?"

"Hm?"

Alek laughed uneasily. "This is the last time I'm going to ask. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Y-yeah. I'm great."

"Thanks," I muttered. Alek didn't make anymore comments on me being so distracted.

Why did I get on the motorcycle?

"Rae, go to bed."

"Why? What time is it?"

"A little after 10," Alek replied.

I looked around the room and noticed that my dishes were gone, the sky was dark and the lights were dim.

"Okay." I stood up from the soft couch and walked into the bedroom. Without thinking, I changed into my pajamas without even shutting my door.

"Rae, are you sure you're feeling alright?" Alek was staring at me with wide eyes from the doorway as I crawled into my bed.

"You said you wouldn't ask again. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I questioned, a little irritated.

"Because you just undressed in front of me?" He sounded dumbfounded.

"I did?" He didn't answer me, just turned off the light and turned around the walk out of my room but he stopped at the door.

"He isn't gonna forget about you or stop chasing you." I felt myself smile a little bit before falling asleep.

When I woke up to my phone's alarm, my thoughts were instantly back to what Blake had said the day before. I started getting ready for the day in a daze. I accidentally put conditioner in my hair before I put in the shampoo and I almost forgot to brush my teeth.