Chapter 34

"I'm not running from Blake and I don't want him!" I fought back even though I was lying.

Austin chuckled next to me and kept his eyes on the road. "Sure you don't..."

"Why don't you do commitment?" I asked him, completely changing the subject.

"It's not really my scene," he explained with a shrug of his broad shoulders.

"Your scene?" I laughed.

"Yes, my scene. I just think it's kind of pointless. Why spend your whole life with one person when you could be going around and getting laid by every girl that says hey?"

"You're disgusting." I laughed, but I knew that it sounded kind of forced because I was a little sad that he didn't do commitment.

"Why do you do commitment?" he asked me.

"It's so much better than jumping into bed with anyone that comes near, you know you have someone who'll love you unconditionally for the rest of their life. Can you say that about any of the girls you've been with?"

"I can't say that about anyone." Suddenly the air around us became thick even though there wasn't a roof on the car.

The rest of the drive was silent except the sound of the radio stations pouring out of the speakers. There wasn't any traffic so by the time Austin and I had reached my place, it was around noon.

"Wanna grab a bite?" Austin asked me.

"Sure, McDonald's?" I suggested.

"Alright. I've gotta warn you though. I've never eaten there before, I've heard bad things about it."

"You cannot tell me you have never eaten McDonald's!" I threw my head back and laughed loudly.

"Never!" He flashed me a gorgeous grin and pulled into the parking lot of the closest McDonald's.

I grabbed the handle of the door and pushed it open. My feet hit the ground and I walked towards the door, which was being held open by Austin.

I ordered a double cheeseburger and Austin ordered a ten piece chicken nuggets.

"What's even in these?" Austin asked as he broke his last nugget in half to observe the inside.

"No one knows and no one wants to know." I laughed lightly and finished my burger and took a sip of my Sprite.

The two of us left the fast food restaurant and walked back to the Jeep.

"So, how was it?" I asked him.

"It was... interesting?"

"Good or bad interesting?" I smiled at him and waited patiently for his response.

"Good, I think."

I laughed and Austin joined in. We pulled into the massive driveway to my massive house.

"I'll call you later." Austin smiled and leaned towards me for a kiss. I turned my head away from him and pushed the door open.

"Alright." I tried to sound excited, but it was harder than I had previously thought. I didn't want to kiss him.

I closed the door and started walking to the front door. There was a wolf whistle behind me and I heard Austin laugh loudly because he knew that I was blushing at his obnoxious noise. Without turning around, I flipped him off and heard him laugh even louder.

* * * * * *

~Austin POV~

I don't usually get attached to girls, believe me. But I just couldn't stay away from Raelene.