Chapter 21

"He's not more reliable than me, Raelene. He hurt you. He left you. Can't you see that he is the one who's been making you miserable?!" Blake tried to keep his voice low but it didn't work that well.

"Alek has been there for me since he came to LA. He's been trying to make up for what he did. I don't see you trying to make an effort when you hurt me just as much as he did." My voice was eerily calm and it was dripping with disappointment.

Blake stood up so he was towering above me and started shouting. "I'm sorry about what happened with Madison! I was pissed and needed an outlet! Okay? I'm sorry! Does that make up for what I did?!"

"An outlet? You just did that because you were angry with me? Why? I don't know what I did to you! You told me you loved me and then slept with another girl? What kind of love is that?"

Alek swung the door open at our loud voices and took in my pissed expression and Blake's red face.

"I think you should leave now," he declared, stepping forward to wrap his arm around me. I stepped away from him enough for his arm to fall, but not far enough to make Blake think that I didn't agree with Alek.

"Get your hands off of her," Blake told Alek with clenched teeth as he took in Alek's gesture.

"Blake, just go." He looked at me with a tortured expression, but turned around and left the room. His car started in the driveway and I stepped away from Alek. Even though it was only eleven in the morning, I was exhausted.

"Can I take a nap?" I asked Alek and he nodded.

"Sure, I'll just be in the living room." I walked out of the room and into Alek's bedroom and quietly shit the door behind me. I crawled under the blankets and closed my eyes.

I don't think I got more than a few minutes of sleep because my head was still heavy when I woke up. Glancing at a mirror, I saw my hair and wanted to rip it all out. I ran my hands over it a few times to tame it a bit, but it didn't work as well as I thought it would.

My thoughts drifted back to when Blake told me that Alek knows how I think, but he doesn't really know what I like and who I am. I realized that this gives him an unfair advantage over me and he was probably using this to manipulate me so I would want to be with him again.

I stepped into the living room and saw Alek lazily stretched over the couch.

"Hey sleeping beauty," he smiled at me.

"What's my favorite ice cream?" I couldn't stop the words from falling out of my mouth.

"Weird question... um, mint?" he guessed. I remember the day Blake showed up on my doorstep with chocolate ice cream. I remember how he bought the two flavors with the most chocolate.

I smiled tightly and sat down next to him. He really didn't know me, did he?

I wanted to call Blake and apologize for running straight into Alek's arms the second I got hurt because everyone involved knew that I would only hurt more when Alek was around. But staying with Alek seemed to hurt less than knowing there was a girl in Blake's bed with him, just next door to me.

That Madison girl was probably perfect, but Blake still showed up to where I was to apologize. I wanted to forgive him for thinking that doing God knows what with another girl wouldn't hurt me. I wanted to forgive him so badly.

* * * * * *

Alek took me back to my house that night, we both agreed that another night at his house without telling my parents wouldn't end well. It wasn't like my parents would care. Or notice. Alek and I started to watch a movie, but I fell asleep on the couch only a few minutes in.