Chapter 26

Please play 'Skinny Love' by Birdy for this chapter. Thank you so much for reading FFTGB! :)

* * * * * *

~Blake POV~

I don't know what Mildred wrote in her letter to Raelene, but whatever it was, I was beyond thankful for it. It seemed like it had been the longest time since Raelene had kissed me and having her lips against mine was a feeling that I could live off of.

Raelene pulled away from me all too soon.

"Go read yours," she instructed. I nodded and walked back into my room to pull my own letter out of the drawer that I had placed it in the night before. I realized that my breathing was ragged and I wasn't sure if it was because of Raelene or if it was because of the anticipation of reading the rest of my letter.

To my dearest Blakie,

Don't read any further than this because she has to read her own letter from me first.

That's where I had stopped reading after I had first opened it. I knew she was talking about Raelene. I continued to read the next lines.

She makes you so happy. I know it. I've seen the way you looked at her when you two were in the diner. It's the happiest I have ever seen you and it makes me so happy to know that even after everything in your life, she still wants to be in it. Even when she makes you miserable, you are still insanely happy. Stop flaunting so many girls in front of her, it kills her just as much as it kills you seeing her with another guy. Don't mess this up, okay dear? I know you and you can't let your pride and ego get in the way of this one.

You give up on things much too easily. You need to work with her. You need to study her. Please, take the time to memorize how she walks and how she always flips her hair to the other side once it starts to scratch her neck. Try to put in the time to find out how she gets cranky when she needs her sleep or how she hates the taste of coffee even though she drinks it all the time. Put in the time for this one because even after she found out about all of your secrets, she still stuck around.

When you're with her, I know you want to tell her you love her. I also know that you won't say those three words because she is scared out of her mind when it comes to them. Just tell her, okay? I know you are afraid of what's going to happen, but it'll be worth it. She loves you too, dear. Even though she acts like she doesn't, she loves you more than you could ever imagine. I've seen it in her eyes.

When you talked about her, her name would just fall off of your tongue and I could tell that it was the best thing you had ever tasted. That's when I knew that she was the one for you. You always had to say her full name to fulfill some selfish desire to stretch out the time her name was on your tongue. You need to stop getting pulled into your own world and reliving memories with her. That's what they are. Memories. Start making new ones, dear.

There is a boy in her life whose touch burns her skin. As much as I hate to say it, we all know it's true. He tells her he loves her and he touches her in way that she has never been touched, but he just wants to spit poison down her throat and you need to save her. You need to pull her away from the flames that are his fingers.

You think that I had never noticed how you stop breathing the moment that she walks into a room? You think I haven't noticed the way that you look at her when she isn't paying attention? I've noticed dear. You can't let her go. You stayed with her for almost four whole months, even without hearing her voice one time. Now that's love.

You haven't felt love nearly as much as you should have in your years. She can make up for all of those years lacking the thing you never believed in until you met her.