Chapter 25

"I failed you Ben, I am sorry." Luke said as he dodged the attacks by Kylo Ren. "I'm sure you are! The Resistance is dead, the war is over, and when I kill you, I will have killed the last Jedi!" Kylo shouted. "Amazing. Every word of what you said was wrong; the Rebellion is reborn today. The war is just beginning. And I will not be the last Jedi." Luke stated. "I'll destroy her, you and all of it." Kylo shouted.

Luke extinguished his lightsaber, "No. Strike me down in anger, and I will always be with you. Just like your father." He stated. Kylo Ren charged at Luke and tried to strike him, then he realized Luke was not really there on Crait. "NO!!" Kylo shouted. Luke smirked, "See you around kid." He replied as his projection fades away. Kylo Ren enters the Rebel base; then notices that the Resistance has escaped.

"NO!!" Kylo shouted again, he picked up his dad's lucky dice only to watch it fade away. Back on Ahch-To Luke wakes up and is back on the island. "You're going to be leaving, soon aren't you?" A voice asked behind him. He turned to see Nimeria, her ice blue eyes glowing in the light and look warm. "You can sense it too huh? You've become stronger than I ever would have thought." He chuckled. Nimeria walked towards him and sat down next to Luke.

She looked at the horizon with tears building in her eyes, "I will miss you, and no I am not as strong as you would like to think. I found out about my past and I wish I never found out." Nimeria replied as tears start streaming down her face. Luke wiped a tear from her face, "Nimeria, I will always be with you, and no matter what I will be there if you need me. No, it is never fun or enjoyable to learn about the past and then to find out things you never thought were even possible. This sun set reminds me of my home planet." He said grabbing her hand, they looked at the sunset.

"Luke, you will always be like a father to me. I love you and will never forget you." Nimeria told him leaning her head on his shoulder. He smirked and then became one with the Force, causing Nimeria's head to fall slightly, she then sat there staring at the sunset for a few more moments to herself.